DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Sadly, it looks like a doodle was the cause of the pooping incident on a flight recently.  The dog in question pooped more than once and the flight was diverted because the smell was making passengers sick.  The dog was definitely not feeling well.  I saw another article that described the dog as a "service dog" but maybe an emotional support dog?  He's not wearing any vest.

"Passengers said they got sick from the stench on the US Airways Flight 598 that was heading from L.A. to Philadelphia on Wednesday, according to NBC Los Angeles. They also said that the pup dropped a deuce at least three times. The plane had to land in Kansas City, Missouri so a crew could clean up the mess."

http://laist.com/2014/05/30/us_airways_makes_emergency_landing.php

Views: 472

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I felt horrible for the owner and the dog.  Obviously the dog was ill - and diverting the plane seems to be an over-reaction to say the least.  I'm sure none of us would love being on a plane in this situation, but sh-t happens!  :)

OMD If they don't have cleaning materials, someone sure has taken budget cuts to a new level. Sitting next to a crying baby with dirty diapers cross country is no picnic either :) But I can't remember anyone ever diverting a flight.

Oh, god love him!    Sometimes those things happen, I hope this doesn't change their view of allowing service dogs on flights.  

Unfortunately, airlines are having a lot of issues with emotional support dogs.  Service dogs are highly trained dogs.  We often think of guide dogs for blind people, etc.  Emotional support dogs are basically pets, maybe therapy dogs, that people with various psychological issues use.  These dogs have varying degrees of training.  Airlines are seeing the emotional support dog classification abused these days.  People get a form from their doc and now they can take their dog on a plane.  I sure wouldn't want my doodles in the cargo area so I can understand why it's happening but more and more these dogs have only basic training and are not prepared for air travel.

Here's a link to an article which describes the problem:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/16/business/emotional-support-with-f...

Poor puppy!  He must have been feeling really sick to make such a mess.  And shame on the airline for being so unprepared for clean up.  As others have said, kids (and sick feeling adults!) often make bigger messes.

I have been reading all this with interest. When Calla got sick about a year and a half ago she had liquid diarrhea in her crate. As soon as I open the door to the house smell bombarded me. There would be no way to get that smell and mess out of a carpeted airplane short of a major housekeeping overhaul. And the smell was so bad I do think passengers might have been barfing if this poor dog had something similar.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service