DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hey Everyone! I'm recently new to D.K. and need your help! Ok sooo here is the situation. I have a 3yr old Goldendoodle named Bailey. We bred her this summer and she had a great litter of pups that sold like hot cakes...one small problem. My younger brother wants a dog and I was going to give him one of the pups but they sold too quick. So this year for Christmas "Santa" is going to bring him a puppy. We just got back literally an hour ago from the breeders house, and she had 13 puppies to choose from. We are set on a girl and narrowed it down to two of them.... so here is what I need your help with... We need a NAME!!! We want to give her a really good name and we're out of ideas.

Let me know if you guys have any good named doodles! =]

Views: 3596

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

my girl doodles are Cali & Darby
My mom was a Labrador breeder for 15 years and we always named our dogs after writers, poets, artists and literaray characters.....I am continuing the tradition...My doodle Blake is named for William Blake.....Next doodle I get will be a female and I'm already counting on naming her Brontë for Emily and Charlotte.....
I like that idea!
My Lucy was named after Lucille Ball. If I would ever get another little girl her name would be Ethel Mertz. Or if a little boy Ricki. I like movie star names. How about Bridgiette like in Bardot, or Drew, Eva, Cybill, Halle,,,,,, OK you get the picture. There are soooooooo many names out there. Who/ what does your brother like and go with that theme. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!
I like the idea of a Holiday name........what about Holly :)
Found this online......
Santa Claus (Mrs. Claus)'s Bioography:
Name: Jessica Mary Claus
aka 'Mrs Claus', 'Goody', 'Jessica', 'Ma',
'Maya', 'Matha', 'Doloe', 'Dolores'
Birthdate: Unknown
Apparent Age: 60-70 human years

So, maybe Jessie, Susy (for Susy Snowflake (50;s)) Merry? I think names are tough.... Good Luck
I like the name Maggie! That was my second choice and I will probably use it for the next female dog I get... who knows when that will be.
we had a hard time finding a name for our pup...
she was really frizzy, and was running in circles ( doing the doodle zoomies) making herself dizzy so we ended up with Izzy..it fits her perfect!
i have always waited until i can play and sit and look at them for a while to see what they are all about!!
the name has to suit the puppy!!

but we also liked elsie, ellie, mayzee (we named our cat that after it didn't fit izzy) and i love marley ( also love the book..marley & me)

good luck, search the web, there are some really great sites that help you pick a name.
have fun!!!
Oh, I LOVE Hope!!
how about Barnum? Not really feminine, but Barnum and Bailey might be cute.....?
I usually wait until we get home with the puppy also. Sometimes the name just pops out when you see them. When I picked up my first doodle at the pound I was at the counter filling out the paperwork and she started pulling on the leash to go. I just turned to her and said "Stop pulling Misty" and that was it. I had no idea I was getting a dog that day, didn't know if I'd get a boy or girl. I'd never even considered a name. It just fit her so much it just came out. You might not have much time if you're just picking up and going right away to give him the puppy but I named her in about 30 minutes.

The dog we have now is a Golden Retriever/Alaskan Malamute. He was so cute a fuzzy when we got him. He looked like a little bear cub. We named him Big Ben. He's now 91 lbs and looks like a Bear.

We are getting our next puppy in about 2 weeks and I'm struggling with a name right now also. We'll probably pick a few names and then see if any fit her when we play for a while. We currently are considering Shasta or Daisy.

I like the name Hope. We considered that also. My daughters name is Faith and this puppy will kind of be her dog and we thought Faith and Hope would be a cute combo.

I had two labs named Tessa. The full name was Contessa. I'd use that again if we hadn't used it twice already.

Good Luck.
Here's the list from a poll on msn.com of America's name suggestions for the Obama's new puppy:

http://specials.msn.com/The-Obamas'-New-Puppy.aspx?GT1=34124

"Hope" is on it!

(I personally find a good way to name a dog is by looking through your CD collection- lots of good
inspiration there!)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service