DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

One of Gavin’s “aunts” gifted him a lovely new dog bed.  It goes very nicely with our living room décor.  His old bed has seen better days, but we know he loves it, so we put it in the back bedroom for him to enjoy out of the sight of visitors.  Gavin is often torn.  He likes to be on the old bed, but he wants to be with the people.  He has decided to take matters into his own paws so moves the bed out of the back bedroom, down the hallway to the living room.  Today he was satisfied just to get it part way through the living room entryway (where he could keep an eye on everyone), but often he carries it right into the room and places overtop of the new bed.  When he lies down he looks like the princess and the pea.  Anyone else have a good problem solver?

Views: 488

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ha ha ha.  Gavin and Finnegan must be related.  Finn follows me around the house and brings his bed with him!  I solved the problem by giving him a couple of big crate pads he could drag around to his heart's content. For Christmas, I got him a big (heavy) Orvis bed. He loves it!  The first night I told him it was bedtime, like I do every night, and thought it strange when I arrived upstairs alone.  I waited.  And waited. Strange noises coming from the first floor.  I went back to the top of the stairs and looked down to see Finnegan with that big bed in his mouth!  He had pushed it and pulled it but it wouldn't fit up the stairs :)  He couldn't solve it in the end, but not for want of trying.  These boys love their beds!!

Finn is definitely a problem solver!

Ohh I just saw the second pictures...BG I have to agree with Gavin LOL

Oh Gavin, tell your momma you want your old bed were it belongs.....  You are such a smart boy! 

Doodle Abuse !!! Let that sweet Gavin have his stinky old bed back in the living room ! You can pull out the fancy new bed when "Auntie" comes to visit. Stay strong Gavin, your DK family loves you ! 

I think this is the smartest thing I've heard of a doodle doing! And the pictures are precious. The old bed definitely looks more cozy, so can't blame him there. Besides all the great Gavin smells it must have by now. I just can't believe he figured out to carry it to the living room.
My two must not be the sharpest tacks in the box, cuz they can barely figure out the best spot in the yard to poop without going around in circles at least 50 times, let alone where to place their bed to be with their people. Heck, most nights Bella sleeps on the floor right next to her bed or half on and half off like she couldn't quite find it! I end up patting the bed and telling her to "go to bed" . Geez. I think a doggie IQ test is in order here.

The other night after doing therapy work we came home and he was truly exhausted, but it was only 8:30.  Much too soon for bed.  So he went in to get his bed but only had the energy to pull it into the hallway before laying down for a nap.

Gavin, I think you got your message out loud and clear and you are simply brilliant to move your bed to where you want it. There seems to be a "Give Gavin Back His Bed" movement taking place and you can count me in. Quincy has two beds, he doesn't use either one. He chooses to sleep on the floor two feet from his bed. He does however have a favorite ball, when he and DH are playing ball, DH likes to swap it out for another one. He catches it and promptly takes it to his toy box and swaps it out for his favorite ball. The first couple of times he did it he actually dropped it in the toy box but now he just drops it outside.

Good job, Gavin! You know what makes a room look and feel like home!

he is just trying to tell ya that he prefers his broken in, smell like him old bed!  LOL  He is too cute and a smart little guy!  Maybe he likes the color of the old bed too...ha!  :) 

Our Stewie loves laying on the floor too ( loves to be on our feet which warms them up too) and his big pillow he has had at the foot of our bed since we brought him home with a pillow beside that.  They seem to never lay all they way on the bed as they tend to have half their body on the floor and the other half on the bed.  He also has a huge bed that he shares with his 12 year old sister and he has our bed as well!  He just finds different places but has to be where we all are!  :) 

Love the pics & thanks for sharing! 

LOL my DH does a similar arrangement that you do for Stewie at night, leaving a pillow on the floor beside the bed so Gavin can lay he head on it.  Spoiled aren't they?

Gavin, I vote for the old bed too!  I think you are awfully cute and smart to boot!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service