DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Rooney and I shared a moment today in which I thought to myself, "This is exactly the sort of image people need to have when making the decision to bring a puppy or dog into their lives."  It occurred to me that all of our terrific DK members could have a great photo discussion around the topic of:

Doodles are wonderful but...

...their creativity can often be countercultural and goes unappreciated by less progressive minds. In short, they can be messy.

How is your Doodle wonderful...but...?

Views: 1370

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Echo has ruined the zippers on 2 of the nice dog beds we have for him. Then, just like any stuffed toy he has, he rips the stuffing out leaving it everywhere! It's especially annoying if he does it right after I have just vacuumed up his last play session. I love this dog but my house has never been this dirty. And too hard to keep up wtih him.

I just thought of another thing. He tends to be vocal at the wrong times. At 6am, everyone is sound asleep and hoping to stay that way for a few more hours. His vocalizing ranges from a 1 off loud bark to a near wimpering (similar to when he talks in his sleep). There is no telling what sets him off, but then it's hard to get him to stop.

We don't have dog beds at our house - for THAT very reason.  Sedona's never met a zippered dog bed she can't conquer!!

When Ned was a puppy, he unzipped pillows and pulled the stuffing out. He never bothered pillows w/o zippers.

but...they sometimes go crazy...and forget their manners...

(I wish I had a picture of the hairdryer incident)

Love these! But Doodles are so mellow...right? ;)

Absolutely...all they do is lay around, and are just always so sweet...

Messy is ballpoint pens chewed up so the ink ran all over the new Turkish rug. 

Messy is vomiting on the bed at three in the morning. 

Messy is nine million foxtails stuck to velcro doodle fur. 

Messy is coming home to a house where you look down and have "flea socks" to your knees. (At least that never happens anymore with all the great flea control products out there.) 

Messy is having a grand mal seizure and losing bowel and bladder control and you don't notice for hours because you are so worried for your dog.

I wish I had pictures....... no maybe I don't. 

Dogs are sort of like children, if you had their whole life spread out in front of you as they were born ( or adopted) you might miss out on all the joy.

Doodles are wonderful but... they sometimes eat the crotch out of your new pajama pants.

Bodi does this too!!!  URGH!

We need a picture! Well, maybe not with you wearing the pajama pants...

lol! they are in the trash now. I would never subject you guys to such a thing ;-)

They can leave you penniless......

there were a couple of "unfound" 20's from this batch....

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service