DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Bailey, our three year old F1b Labradoodle, doesn't like the water.  We have a nice pool in the backyard and we know she would love it if she tried it.  Anyone else have this problem?  Would it help if she had a ramp or stairs to get in and out.  She was traumatized once when she chased her ball into the pool so we got her a life jacket thinking that would give her more confidence but no luck. Thanks! Martha & Bailey

Views: 1336

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cooper was very hesitant when we first took her to the beach. I threw a stick for her, getting it closer and closer to the water, eventually it went in, and i threw it further and further out til she was swimming. She was so focused on the stick she didnt realize she was swimming for a while. Not sure if you could do something similar with a pool....

Our Sadie just loves the water .She will swim from dawn to dusk when we are at the lake. We don't have a pool as we live in Calgary and most of the year it is just too cool.

Although she swims like crazy she will not jump off the dock she likes walking in on the level or down stairs . I think Baily would like steps.Have you tried swimming with her?

My labradoodle hates swimming and water in general. After a few tries to trick him into the water (throwing his ball in, etc) we have accepted this. It really doesn't impact his life or mine in any way if he doesn't enjoy swimming. I really don't either, lol.

I'm guessing a ramp or stairs would definitely help her to feel more secure getting in and out of the water.  Neither of my gus are big swimmers.  They love to play at the beach running in and out of the water chasing balls (or seaweed in Guinness's case), but they don't really seem to enjoy swimming.

It definitely helps if they can walk into the water.  JD will walk into water as long as he can still touch bottom.

Charlie does not like to swim at all.  In fact, he is very afraid of the pool.  I thought it was that he was afraid of the water but I took him to a lakeside park once and he walked right in from the beach area and started to paddle around.  But still he would prefer to just lay in water that is just an inch or two deep.  If you have access to a ramp you may want to try it, that may do the trick.

My Jack hates all things water, I don't really care if he likes it or not other then when we are at the beach and pool/lake parties I wish he would go in to cool off.

Jack hates everything with water, Even after he drinks his water from a bowl he can't stand a wet beard and if I don't catch it in time he will wipe his wet face on my carpet to dry it off.

Molly is a total water dog.....We did nothing different with her then Jack.. Yet she goes out of her way to find water to play in.

WHAT!?  They aren't supposed to wipe their wet beards on the carpet????  Someone better tell Bodi he is breakin' the rules!

And Knox, lol!!

If only it were just water that they wipe on the carpeting!

Haha. So true.

Glad to know I am not alone in the carpet wiping, I love when I have company and we are eating dinner or sitting at the table and all of a sudden I see Jack go  for the water bowl.... I know what is coming next....Geeze.. these doodles.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service