DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I gave our 14 week old goldendoodle drontal plus with his lunch yesterday and the poor thing could not settle down until midnight.  At first I thought he was reacting to me starting the Doggy Dan methods (I joined yesterday) but when he wouldn't settle down at bedtime, I googled and found others who had this experience with the drontal.  During the afternoon yesterday, he just kept barking and last night, the poor thing could not lie down, just kept standing, sitting and barking in his crate - he normally loves his crate and settles right down for bed.  I took him out to potty a couple of times and sat with him around 11:30pm for a little bit while he gnawed on a nylabone like crazy and whenever he took a break, his was breathing so hard.  It was so sad.  He finally settled at midnight.

Anyone else have this experience with Drontal?

Views: 983

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I could not find the type of side-effects you describe in any of the drug information for Drontal-Plus. Why is he taking it and was it prescribed by your vet? 

I only found others who had experienced the same thing and had posted on forums etc.  Yes, was prescribed by our vet.

Maybe it was the after effects of the puppy play date? Lol

LOL!  I was thinking that but it was 24 hours after the playdate and the same day as the drontal.

:D well, I try. Lol

http://www.goldenretrieverforum.com/golden-retriever-health-anatomy...

I found this about dronal plus on a golden retriever forum.  

I realize it is not scientific but thought it was of interest.

Yes!  I found this last night too - exactly what I was talking about.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service