DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I have been wanting a labradoodle/goldendoodle for over two years. Had some health problems to take care of (specifically knee replacements) and now I am so ready to make a new friend this spring or summer!!

This year at our Thanksgiving my husband's brother and his wife, who are both vets, started in on what terrible crazy dogs doodles are.  Did not have one good thing to say about them and said they wouldn't recommend them to anyone!!  Then one of the young girls visiting started in too.  She grooms dogs and said doodles were the worst, she hated doing them, they were such a pain. Needless to say I was crushed!  I have been so down ever since and can't seem to get out of this blue fog.

I have researched for several years and think particularly a goldendoodle would be perfect for me. I am retired, home alone almost all the time, have so much love to give and have always loved dogs.  There is a good groomer in our town and a lovely young lady who has started a business training dogs. She is highly qualified and I will be looking to her for help.

So guess I am just needed some positive thoughts on doodles and I thought members here would be able to give me honest, first hand, actual life experiences on living with a doodle. Please and Thank You!! 

Views: 1105

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Have to admit you are right about Doodle lovers being positive but I think I was looking for positivity (is that a word?). Actually I hoped they might give me some direction if a Doodle would be too much for me to handle but after reading all of the comments I think I will be fine!

Now I can't wait till the snow and cold are gone so I can get my best ever puppy :-)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service