DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Has anyone's doodle had to have FHO surgery? My Goldendoodle Dazi is almost 7 months old and has been having trouble. I took her to the vet and the Dr did xrays and she has severe hip dyplasia. She is having FHO surgery on the right hip wednesday. The surgeon says this is the best thing for her instead of a full hip replacement. She is in a lot of pain and I hope this is going to help her. She will have the left side done after she has healed up from the right side. I sick with worry and wondering if anyone else has gone through this and how is the recovery for them. I hate this for my baby. I cant stand to see her in pain.

Views: 3367

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow, miracles do happen.

Great news!  Have a blast rehabbing and getting stronger, Dazi Doodle! 

Wonderful news!

Great news!

Great news!!  Dougie sends "HUGS, HUGS, HUGS"

OK, so I'm late to the party, but so happy Dazi is feeling like a puppy and running pain free!  So sorry you both had to go through this but how lucky you are to have each other.  I would love to know what, if anything, happened with the breeder.  Didn't sound very supportive at the beginning of your problems! 

Great news!

Here is an update on Dazi.   She went to her first day of Doggie Day Care.  My baby ran and played with all the other babies like she has never run and played before.   Me and my Best Friend sat there and cried watching her play and be so happy and having no pain.   She had the best time and was worn out when I picked her back up.  We just did a little bit of time that day and will slowly increase her time as her hips and legs get stronger and stronger and build her endurance back up.  But what a miracle to watch her finally be able to be pain free and play and be a puppy.   Her surgeon Dr Suess was the best ever.    

The good news keeps coming!

I'm so glad to hear this!

Jennifer  :)    I'm so happy for her!

I do want to tell you what a wonderful and strong person you are.  You deserve an award for the care you have given your dog.  I'm so happy for you to be able to witness her joy  :) 

Merry Christmas to you!

This is so wonderful to hear!!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service