DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I did not include Abby in this weeks Front Page because I didn't think she would be classified as a F1 GD. Well, reading what I just read, she would be. This description of an F1 is not what I thot it was - or the F1b. This is all different than what I have been told. And they do speak of breeding a Doodle back to a golden. This is the first place I have read that, too. That is what my Abby is.
So - which is right? Is an F1 a cross between a golden and a poodle - and an f1b a doodle bred back to a poodle? (that's what i thot the "b" stood for...Back.)
Under this link, click the "What is First Generation?" on the left side of the page.
http://www.goldendoodleworld.com/

Views: 98

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What you had previously learned is CORRECT:

F1 = the cross between two pure breeds
F1b = F1 doodle crossed with poodle (for doodles anyway).

That site has a lot of misinformation and is just plain wrong about the definition of generations.
thanks Adina - so my Abby is NOT an F1b? She is a GD/GR. Is the "B" specifically poodle or can it be retriever?
Technically she is an F1b because she was crossed back to a parent breed...BUT...because the general understanding is that B is used for the poodle, I think it is easier to understand her make-up when you say she is a GD x GR cross. Otherwise the assumption is that she is 75% poodle. Not that this makes her ANY less special or wonderful =)
Adina is correct - Abby is an F1b goldendoodle but not what is generally understood as F1b. As you are (probably) not going to breed her - it doesn't really matter. Perhaps we should invent a new name such as goldengoldendoodle. There are new varieties of doodles being bred all the time such as the North American Doodle - a cross between a GD and LD.

She is adorable no matter what she is.
No, not breeding her - that has been taken care of already... LOL And yes - I couldn't love her more and I really don't care what she is!
I would have thought that your Abby would look more like a Retriever because, well she is more retreiver. But she looks just like My F1B Allie (Goldendoodle X Poodle).

She's so cute!
I know - it is strange - but she was very wavy as a young pup - along with all of her litter - so I figured she wouldn't have a straight coat. And after I clipped her last weekend, she looks really wavy. Genetics are a strange thing. Abbys' Mom tho is an F1B and VERY curly. That might have something to do with it. Abby still has her puppy coat also...
And thank you - I think she is pretty cute too!! - along with your Allie. ;-)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service