DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

DRC got an urgent call from a shelter. A 3 year old doodle was dumped there because their doodle ate a kids sock and had an obstruction. A house filled with kids + they knew their doodle was a sock thief = we can't afford the surgery so please put the doodle to sleep.

REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

All our foster homes are filled and this girl needs a home where she can recuperate from her surgery. We don't know much about her other than she was great with their kids. Cannot say if she has been socialized with other dogs but for at least awhile she will need to be kept quiet to recoup from the surgery.

Can anyone help get her out of the shelter and give her a place to lay her head, away from shelter germs and madness, in a home with good groceries and love???\

email me at adriannedrc@aol.com

Thank you!!!!!!!

Views: 2996

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I flipped through this discussion earlier today at work and it just made my day to read about this wonderful rescue story. I can't believe there are such jerks in this world but I am so happy to know there are angels around too that rescue and foster these babies. Thank you for taking care of her. I can't wait to see how she flourishes. Hugs to Chris and Adrienne for saving her!

Just got back from vacation last night and catching up.  Live only 15 minutes from Wheaton and could have picked her up had we been home.  Wow...poor girl, so very thin.  How can people do this to their pets?

Animal control had shaved all of her body hair, but did not do the legs.  The hair is sooooo matted.  We attempted to cut through some of it today.  She is eating well and sleeping.  But we are concerned about the amount of water intake and output.  Running her to our vet today.

Thank you for all you are doing for her, Chris. Please keep us posted.

Thank you for taking this sweet girl into your home.  These pictures are so, so hard to look at but I know that with the proper nutrition and loving care she will flourish.  It is amazing the transformation these doodles can undertake.  Please keep us updated on her!!

Wouldn't it be nice if she were the last to need rescuing?!?!?!?!

It would be very nice, but unfortunately, not even close. :- (

It is unfortunate that there are so many people out there that just want a cute doodle puppy (or any puppy for that matter) - without taking into consideration what it takes to provide a happy, healthy environment in which that puppy can become all it can be!  The photo of this little girl brings tears to all our eyes I am sure!  It is amazing me how resilient they can be.  My prayer is that with proper care and nutrition it will not be long before she will be ready to go to a forever home.

And Chris, you are a doodle angel!

The pictures of this little girl are very disturbing and I can't imagine how hungry she has been to be in such bad shape. My two only eat 2 cups of food a day and thrive on that little bit. That means this little girl wasn't even getting that much. Was she fed at all most days??? I am so sick just thinking of her neglect. Thank you again to Chris. I too can't wait to watch her thrive in your care and feel so much better that her nightmare life is over. These people should be charged with animal neglect and cruelty.

How are things going?  What did the vet say?

Can't get these pictures out of my mind.  I'm angry.  I want to prosecute these people.  I'm hoping someone does and that this family is forbidden to ever own any animals again.  This is criminal.

Her urine was passing right through her, so they also took a blood sample which we should get the results in a couple of days.  In the mean time she now has an antibiotic.  She is very active and eats well.  It looks to me like she might have put on a pound or so, the skelton is not so protruding.  She knocked a small baggie of food off the counter and ate most of it, but it passed through very quickly also.  Just hope to get her stabilized soon.  She is very active and acts healthy, so I believe she will come around soon.

Thanks to everyone for your support!!

Lucy has been diagnosed with a rare form of diabetes. We have started her on a medication today. (Finding the best price at SAMs club). She continues to be active and seems happy. DRC has been great support for all of us.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service