DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

So I havent been on DK in a good while so sorry for not getting back to everyone about the card exchange i do want to participate.  Friday after Thanksgiving I met Bentley's new family in Columbia SC for his adventure to his forever home in Florida.  Although I like the family very much this was a very heart wrenching thing to do that words just cant express.  I started crying a week before time for him to go.  Bentley added so much joy and happiness to my home not that Bella doesnt he was just much more loving Bella likes to be independent....Bentley slept with his head on the pillow next to mine for the whole night.....Bentley was my first foster and i could not have hoped for a better one he adjusted the first day to our routine he did have separation anxiety from me when i was at work and would tear somethings up but nothing that couldnt be replaced...... my heart still aches with his absence in my home.....As i was leaving him he was pulling the leash from his new mom trying to come with me and as i drove off he watched as momma why are you leaving me and again as I type i am crying :(..... Had things been different in my life at this time he would have never left just hope he will never forget me.....

Views: 69

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You did a wonderful thing. I am sure you will miss Bentley, but I bet hearing happy tails from his parents will make it much easier. And he won't forget you. Animals don't forget. Did you ever see the video of the lions (or tigers) who were nursed back to health and saw their rescuers YEARS later and they remembered them? I will find that.
A few: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqhJuwUukX8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnYxhGmFPck

Both of these are videos of rescued animals and their reunion with those that saved them. Check it out! Do you think those animals ever forgot????
Tears streaming down my face at Christian the lion. It doesn't get any better than that!
I NEVER will get tired of seeing this video - I hope it makes feel better Shawn.
Shawn, every foster takes a little piece of your heart with them when they go home; so know that your love will always be with Bentley wherever he goes.
Shawn it is because of you that these doodles have a wonderful new life ahead of them. Bentley will always be special to you, and he will always have a special part of your heart. and you will have a place in his heart. Animals do not forgert kindness and love, thats what makes them better then some humans that are out there....You have earned your angel wings, my friend, and I am sure that their will be another doodle that will come your way, and you will help him/her to a better life. Maybe even one day you will be able to keep one of them for yourself. But until then, you will have a heavy heart when one leaves your side...But you will have a heart filled with the love of all that you help along the way....I admire and look up to all that do rescue and fostering, I don't think I could do it, I am just too soft, so before I do it, I am going to have to move to a big farm or ranch where I have acres and acres to have all the doodles I want....Bless you, for all you do...
Wow! Now I'm crying! You are so wonderfully unselfish! You truly are a better person than I.... I know you have made one huge imprint on Bentley's heart - forever! And probably filled the forever family's heart even more! I hope you find some consolation in that... BLESS you.. you did a wonderful thing!!!
I know Bentley will never forget how much love and care you gave him!!
You are truly a "hero"...for giving so much love and caring...and helping him find a "forever" home...
I'm sure he will be forever grateful...and never forget you!!
I hope you shared DK with his new owner that way you can see his happy life.
Thank all you for the sweet and thoughtful comments I really appreciate them. I have so many people just saying oh he has already forgot you they live in the moment I can only pray that is not true......Before Bentley left I bought him a big new red collar and a big red heart and engraved a forever message on it from me and my Isabella so hopefully he is wearing that piece of my heart....I have asked the new family to join DK still have not seen any sign of her on here yet but hopefully she will real soon.....I did see a pic of my boy on facebook with his froggie blanket that has engraved I LOVE YOU on it with him on the son's bed..... :) They seem to love him very much and so does their weimeraner GiGi. Thanks for all my family on here at Doodlekisses love ya much...
Thank you for fostering Bentley and making such a difference in his life. Im sure he will never forget you. He looks just like my Raleigh, who we rescued in March of this year. Keep in touch with his new family, and ask for updates and pictures! you should feel proud that you were able to do such a wonderful thing and ensure that you got a great forever home.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service