DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Getting my first doodle! Question on what you think he will look like!

Hi guys! I am picking up my first golden doodle baby on June 14th. We are very excited. The pups are just over two weeks old now and I get first pick of the litter. I have a favorite so far, but I still do not have to make my official pick for another 2-3 weeks. I will share a picture of the pup that I like (and will most likely pick). He is an F2b doodle! Do you guys think he will get the facial furnishings and doodle out? I know it may be hard to tell this early, but I figured I would still see what everyone's opinions are! We are so excited to get our new baby! :) 

Views: 497

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Congratulations on your new puppy. He sure is a cutie. At such a young age it is hard to tell for sure, but he looks like it is certainly possible he will doodle out.

He looks adorable NF likely to get facial furnishings.

Congratulations. I am excited for you. The pups are a lovely color.  I have NO idea predicting what they will look like.

Look for waves on the ears at about 4 weeks old but so far he does look doodle-y--they will get much lighter too and will most likely end up more of a creamy white with more red on the ears....

I hope you're right but I googled Golden Retriever pups and many of them have waves on their ears.  

Those wavy hair doodles are so much scarier of a choice.  They look just like retrievers pups when they're tiny, but then so do retriever pups.  We have a couple of pups like that in Molly Doodle's litter and we are so nervous because we don't want to re-home a pup and have the pup turn out to be beardless or straight haired when the owner had their hopes on a wavy-haired, bearded dog.  If only we could somehow peek into the future we would be able to re-home a retriever looking pup to someone who would prefer the dog taking after the retriever in looks. 

I've heard that at 8 weeks it can often become more apparent if the dog will be bearded or not.  

To show how confusing it can be, this is a pure bred poodle. Not a curl in sight.

Well, of course not--too young! But I can see the waves over the eyes starting to form and when this pup was born and still wet, the coat was wavy.

We can peek, Rose--with DNA testing--poodle to retriever would not have an open face, but if you cross two doodles and you have both with the IC gene, (Incorrect coat) than you can have open faced pups in the litter. So, you just make sure that two dogs that both have the IC gene are not mated so that every pup gets at least one furnishings gene and some will get two.

Interesting, thank you.

They are going to change a lot even in the next couple weeks.  Good news is you can't go wrong with your pick.  You will love whatever you end up with.

Thanks for everyone's input. I will be sure to continue to upload pictures of him as I get them! I really hope that the longer hairs on his nose already are indicators of him being doodle-y! Does he have that upside down "V" that I've seen people talk about? And is that a true indicator of facial furnishings? I'm not exactly sure what the "V" looks like on dogs to be honest. Lol

For a depiction of the Beardly "V" check out the web page...

http://www.doodlekisses.com/forum/topics/the-bearldly-v?xg_source=a...

Lucy and AnnaBell'es Mom was kind enough to share this with me. 

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service