DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Well, I decided Molly could go no longer...she HAD to have a summer cut.
I waiting around until the last minute, so this is all probably my fault, before calling Petsmart on Saturday morning. They were booked but they said they would put me on a the waiting list, in case someone cancelled their appt. Cool.
Around 4pm'ish, they called and said I could in fact bring Molly in! Yay!

Now, just a little background- over two weeks ago I stopped into the same Petsmart to make an appointment but the lady I spoke to was HORRIBLe. SHe had the WORST personality ever- and a BAD attitude to boot (I can't STAND an attitude problem!). So, I made Molly an appointment, but after thinking some more about it, I cancelled it.
So when I called this past Saturday and a guy answered, I was happy...at least it wasn't the hateful lady.

When I walked in to drop Molly off...guess who the person was that had had someone cancel and was available to groom Molly? Yep. Not the guy, but the lady from a few weeks before...super.
However, I went against my gut feeling and just let her take Molly on back...this was AFTER I got fussed at for telling them that Molly was a "poodle mix"...she informed me, once she saw Molly, that she was in fact NOT a "poodle mix" but a "STANDARD poodle mix"...well duh, I KNOW that but you didn't ask me the SIZE of my dog (which by the way I DID try to offer that bit of advice the last time I made the appointment-and then cancelled- but she said "we don't care what size they are, we go by breed"). She acted like it was a huge problem that Molly was bigger than she expected. Seriously? I wasn't trying to hide anything from them!
Anyhow....I left Molly and the groomer with specific instructions- I wanted her to be the same length all over (just sort of a trim) but I wanted them to leave her face alone. If you shave Mollys face, she looks like a baboon, so I expressed my desire to leave her face alone, only trim the hair out of her eyes. The groomer did tell me she didn't have time to do a scissor cut so it would be a tad shorter than what I wanted...

The pictures attached are before and after:
(the groomer did in fact shave her nose...but it wasn't horrible, I think her face actually looks okay)

but good gosh, look how skinny my baby doodle looks, LOL. All in all, it's not horrible.....but it's def. taking some getting used to!
I had to call DH and prepare him for what Molly would look like when we returned home :-)
I will say, she does appear to be more comfortable!!

Views: 246

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Lindsey, If you are trying to reply to something that is in a special group, you have to join that group before you can reply. Maybe that is what is happening. Good luck!!

Hi Lindsey...

What a beautiful Doodle Molly is...long or short coat!!

I find that their coats grow So fast...that she will be needing a trim before you know it.

This is actually a great time to think about grooming her yourself...if you want to try that.

It will be easy to keep her cut to just where you want her...as she begins to grow in.

She looks Cool and Lovely with her new Do!!

She is a pretty girl either way and she does look like she will be cooler.
She look nice Lindsey. That's how Gus looks like when cut short. Though I wouldn't go back to that particular lady again. She sounds like the type that will do whatever she wants to do, even if you leave specific instructions. I got that feeling when she said she didn't have the time to use scissors.

She looks pretty cute to me.  My daughter in law took her doodle in and she looks like that creature in Never Ending story.  Shaved down body and big shaggy head.  

Is Molly a labradoddle or goldendoodle.  I had two f1b chocolate  babies in my lst goldendoodle litter and wondered if they would look like her when the grow up.  Very pretty.

You can really see her face now.  And I sure wish that if they cut my hair really short I would like much thinner!  Oh Well!  Again, all Doodles are adorable...shaggy or shaved!
Yep, Molly and Brinkley definitely got the same treatment.  We'll have our floppy doodles back soon enough.
Every Doodle has to go through this short hair cut some time!  And yes, they are Bobble Heads...but adorable Bobble Heads!  I too love a little shagginess but Gracie Doodle gets the short hair cut a few times a year and she loves it!  You can see how much more perky they become with all that hair off!  It is also amazing how skinny and sleek they are.  I think Molly will be very happy and if DH is shocked, he will get use to it and in a week or so you both will think that this is the perfect haircut for summer time!  No matting or combing and it dries really quickly.  Hugs to Molly!
Short haircuts always take time to get used to, but you do. Soon you will notice how nice it is to see their eyes and face better! It will grow out faster than you think too. :-)
I think she looks real cute! I also would not be happy if they cut my doodles noses. We go to PetSmart but we MAKE SURE to get the same person everytime,

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service