DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I saw an article on how to grow wheat grass for your pets, so I thought I would give it a try. I got wheatberries in the bulk healthfood section at the supermarket. Soak about a quarter of a cup in water for a day or so until they get little white sprouts on them. Take a plastic container, poke a few holes in the bottom, put some potting soil in it. Spread the wheatberry sprouts on top of the soil and cover with a double layer of paper towel, keeping it moist with a spray bottle. After the growth gets to be about and inch put it in a sunny window until it is about 3 inches. I got a little ceramic tray that I rubberbanded the container on to to give it some weight. I just put it next to Stella's bowls for her to graze on as she pleases. It was kind of a fun project, and looks cool too!

Views: 166

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I grow my own for my cats,but Jordan does eat the grass as well. I normally have two pots growing at different stages so we are never out. I understand that,that sounds crazy cat lady like. :)
Hahhaa..I love it!  I think Rosco would totally appreciate this too!
My 'boys' would love this.
I bet my cat, PuffDog, would love this.  My problem would be remembering to water.  The good news is Rua and PuffDog always have water (2 bowls upstairs & 1 down).  I only have 1 living plant left in my home.  I think my DH must water that.  I can't remember the last time I did.  ;-)
Thanks for sharing this it will be a great project for Lexi to do.
I might try this for Wilson he eats grass in the backyard and I would rather have him eat this   LOL
My dogs eat backyard grass where they find long stalks. Since I don't use chemicals I find this much easier than growing grass : )
Fudge and Vern love grass....LOL....I mean, Wheat Grass.
We wil try this for our own dogs.  They love to graze on grass but regular lawn grass upsets their tummies.  It's nasty to clean up a Doodle size mess of grassy vomit.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service