DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

The fall colors are really getting pretty in my neck of the woods and I thought I would share this painting with all of you--the back story is that an old friend of mine, Bonnie White, is a folk artist who has recently done very well and a lot of her paintings are now being made into puzzles and notecards by a big company. She even painted  an ornament for the White House tree and has won numerous awards. When she was first starting out though, she would paint your house in the folk art style for a very reasonable price.

My husband commissioned her to paint our house, built in 1790, and she put our family members and even the dog into the painting in period costumes. My older daughter (now a vet) was running a sheep farm at the time, so she has the sheep. My son is riding the bike and DH is splitting wood, something he actually likes to do! The other daughter was a photography major in college, so is pictured with an old-fashioned camera. I make teddy bears, so I have one in my hands. The dog is our now deceased Wheaten terrier, Louie. This image of painting was sold to a puzzle company with our permission, so i got the scan of it to share with everyone and I also made my own cards with the image.

If you look closely at the background, you will see my hubby's observatory--he has a teloscope and he made a small building for it with a roll-off roof--putting it in the painting was his idea, of course!

Views: 301

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ginny this is awesome....do you have it hanging in your home? I just love everything about it. Thanks for sharing.
Yes,it is in my dining room--so glad you like it--I love her stuff. You can probably find other paintings of hers online. The puzzles are very fun to do. I have thought about making a puzzle and gluing it to a board and framing it! She does have prints of some of her work that are very inexpensive. I have a Christmas scene.
AWESOME!  What a fabulous thing to own.

Here is a link to Bonnie's website--in case you are interested!

http://bonniewhitefolkart.homestead.com/index.html

What a wonderful treasure!  This is truly special. Thank you for showing it.  
amazing work!

How wonderful that you have this heirloom to pass down through the generations of your family!

This is just beautiful - I love folk art.  Thanks for sharing

Beautiful!

What a wonderful painting!
This is fantastic!  How special to have this personalized painting.
This is a great family portrait and memory. Lovely art work!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service