DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Halloween is fast approaching and while many of you are deciding on costumes for kids or yourself, going to work and doing something useful, or reading a good book, I chose this time to dress up my dogs and make my kids wonder, yet again, if it is time to get help for their mother.   This year did not go well and while I know we are not supposed to call our children or dogs bad, which I would never do (wink, wink), I will tell you to choose an adjective from this list taken from the Thesaurus and fill in the blank regarding Fudge and Vern at the end of my story.

Main entry :        Bad

Part of speech:   Adjective

Definition:           Mischievous

Synonyms:           disobedient, ill-behaved, misbehaving, wrong, unruly, naughty

Since it was a beautiful Fall day, I decided to do the pictures a little early, because A) I wanted to beat Sheila on a Halloween post in the hopes that my photos will outdo her blingees and winkees and B) My neighbor was gone and there would be no witnesses to my threats and bullying.

Well, once again, my dogs have proven I am no match for them.

First up, were the MVP Football Player and the Cheerleader. I have said many times that Fudge is the brains of the operation and Vern is the brawn. I can just hear F saying, "Isn't that like the pot calling the kettle brawn?" Anyways, the cheerleader was in rare form and took every opportunity to thwart the photo session and even going so far as to attack the MVP and start a game of their own.

Here is the Star Football Player/MVP!

But then the QB started having trouble keeping his helmet on his head:

Next up, the head cheerleader with an attitude problem:

especially after I asked her to let me put her ears in pigtails:

and then the smack down started:

Finally, Vern shook off the cheerleader and we decided to get serious:

A formal portrait....right up until the cheerleader spotted a squirrel:

So, I scratched that idea and decided to break for Lobster.....a LobsterDoodle, that is :)

this was a good sized Lobster, but she wouldn't get in the pot and decided playing ball would be more fun:

Soon, we had a wardrobe malfunction, and Vern sensing a chance to get that ball, made his move:

and before we knew what happened, he was wearing the Lobster, although it was sized for a much smaller Lobster:

Finally, we put the costumes aside and Fudge and Vern, aka Motorcycle Doods, went for a ride, right after they posed for these shots:

So, there you have it. No blingees, no winkies, no really great photos.....only one tired woman, two ______________________ Doodles, and a wish from all of us to have a Happy Halloween!

well, maybe some blinkees :)

Views: 1467

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ha, I love all of the costumes, this blog is awesome! My favorites are definitely the biker doods though! Darwin wants to join their gang!

Thanks, Camilla. Tell Darwin he can be in their gang :)

Poor, poor doodles. You put up a valiant fight. I am so sorry that the person you love and trust most in the world has tormented you like this and then posted evidence of the crimes ripped away your last shreds of dignity with a public showing of your humiliation. 

However, don't lose hope! Help is on the way! She might have gotten away with football players and biker doods, but dressing you up as crustaceans was the evildoer's your mom's fatal error. The sight of Vern dressed as a lobster has so enraged a certain member of the bar that, even as I type, I can hear him on the phone with the DRC arranging for a doodle train to PA. Hang in there, Fudge and Vern! And keep fighting! 

LOL It will be too late by the time the Doodle train gets here. I have already moved them to a safe house :)

They don't seem excited about the costumes, but they do look adorable. It's hard to believe that they don't cooperate. They're both giving a look that says, "Please represent us, JD! We're being dressed up against our will!"
The tattoo sleeves are cute, but the lobster eyes are my favorite. Those lobster eyes are cracking me up.

Thanks, Leslie. They clearly let me know their opinions of Halloween :)

Hilarious! Vern, you can play on my team anytime and Fudge, I loooooove lobster. :>)

Wow, Quincy, a costume, and Blingees....you always try to top me, don't you? LOL

I stole this from the breeder's FB page. Look how cute and creative a Halloween costume can be without involving any actual clothing. Of course, this wouldn't work for dogs who don't resemble stuffed animals, like JD. Darn it. 

OMD can I steal this idea for tomorrow? SOOO cute!

I know, and Darwin could totally pull it off, too! 

It was on one of my favorite doodle breeder's FB page. Right there for anyone to see and copy. :) 

And I doubt the owner asked Ty if she could copy their design, hehehe. 

This is absolutely perfect!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service