DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Has anyone ever gotten a puppy from Hell Creek Breeder in Colorado?  My fiance and I have been searching for another goldendoodle, preferably a chocolate one.  We found a Hell Creek Breeders in Colorado who have 3 chocolate 8 week old doodle puppies. We are a little nervous about buying a puppy from across the US (we live in Boston). Thoughts? 

Thanks!!

Views: 600

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Delilah, don't recall any members with pups from that breeder. Do check your profile page to see if anyone responds as breeder recommendations are not permitted in the main forum. But you are welcome to ask here, it's just that members will have to respond on your profile page. Also please check out our article on What to Look for In a Breeder: http://www.doodlekisses.com/notes/What_To_Look_for_In_a_Breeder -- the info presented in this article should help you decide. As to having a pup flown over you might want to join the Doodles with Wings group here on DK (search for it in our Groups page).
Both my pups flew across the US from the west coast and they were fine.
This breeder is a Poodle breeder in our state. She does not have the best reputation locally. It looks like she has moved on to breeding Doodles, most likely because she can charge more for a Doodle. (I don't really get this.... she gets $ for her poorly bred Poodle but if she crosses it with some BYB Golden then she gets $$$. And then people across the country are willing to buy and ship it! Why?) Any way, I would refer you to poodle rescue in our state. They will have more information about her: phipers@msn.com
According to their on-line ads, they breed poodles, yorkies, pekingese, peekapoos, cockapoos, morkies (!!!), Brittanys, German Shorthair Pointers,miniature labradoodles and goldendoodles.
This is not a good sign.
Sigh.....
There have to be breeders and resuces in your area. And personally, since you have reservations anyway, AND now have good opinions and information from those who replied, I would forget about this breeder and move on. Did you check out the Owners Recommended Breeders Group on here? That's where I found my breeder. She was wonderful and my doodle is just perfect!!!
Was there a post removed from this thread? I was goign to respond to it but now it is gone. Hmm.
Todd, someone (maybe the "breeder" herself or a friend) joined DK for the purpose of responding to this discussion to rave about this "breeder". When I challenged certain of her statements, and presented certain information I found on-line, she promptly quit DK. When someone leaves the site permanently, everything they've posted (and all the responses to it) goes with them.
However, the whole exchange prompted me to do some further research on the "breeder", and that turned up a document from the HSUS on large commercial breeders in CO that bear watching; guess whose name was on the list?
Also look at this site for owner recommended breeders. Looks like there are several much closer to your home.
http://www.goldendoodles.com/breeders.htm

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service