DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I've been a DK stalker for a few weeks now since I found the website after searching for info on flat coated golden doodles.  I had pick of the litter of 16 and purposely chose a straight coat puppy but am wondering what you all think about Oakley's look at 5 weeks.  He pretty much looks exactly like a golden retriever puppy now at 8 and 9 weeks, his coat is thick and fleecy with very straight hair on his muzzle however it has some length to it.  In the puppy pile picture, he's the one in the bottom right corner with the blue collar on. He's an F2b and a bundle of joy. Do you think he will doodle out?

Views: 431

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Always so hard to know for sure but my guess would be yes, he will doodle out!  He is a cutie!

Thx for your input!

I am not familiar with f2b puppies, but I just wanted to welcome you to DK and say that Oakley is a handsome boy!  Be sure to check out the groups sections on the main page and join as may as you like.  Again, welcome!

Thank you very much, happy to have joined and enjoying reading up on all kinds of doodle stuff!  

Welcome to doodlekisses.  It will be fun to follow Oakley's development to see how his coat turns out. 

I love the picture where he's sleeping!!! and OMG, the picture with all of the puppies is amazing!   Myla's litter was 13 and I thought that was huge!!!  I can't tell what Oakley will end up  looking like, but he sure is a cutie!  Welcome to DK and have fun with your puppy!

Thanks Wendy!  A litter of 13 IS huge, my last boy, lab mix, was from a litter of 14 and I thought the same thing at the time.  There were actually 18 in Oakley's litter however 2 were still born.  Fortunately the breeder raised them in her home and was able to help mom with bottle feedings, they all thrived and turned into happy little puppies! Here's another really cute shot of the litter at 5 weeks.  Myla is beautiful, how old is she now?

They all look so comfortable!!  Myla will be five years old this month!  Time flies!!!!

Oakley is gorgeous! Yes I can see the fur on his face and believe he will have a shaggy, possibly wavy look. Please add photos to your page so we can all watch him grow! (Click on the "photos" tab along the left side of your page)
We have some really good groups here to join. The Food Group is excellent and will get you and Oakley on the right path nutritionally. It can also be helpful if your pup has any tummy issues or other problems. http://www.doodlekisses.com/group/thefoodgroup
The training group might also be helpful: http://www.doodlekisses.com/group/trainingmindsets
There are groups here for all interests! Welcome!

Thank you Lori!  I will certainly check out the groups and absorb the wealth of information here.  This isn't my first dog but is my first golden doodle and it's been 14 years since I've had a puppy to raise.  Just posted some pictures on my page with his age as a reminder so that I can look back and see how his coat changes, should be fun to watch.

He is super cute and has white chest, socks and spotted paws just like our Gunnar.

Gunnar is a labradoodle so shorter hair.  Oakley looks soooo soft.

Looks like he has the flower or fan shaped fur on the bridge of his nose so I would bet he gets a scruffier face and maybe beard as he gets older.  Gunnar's has started to grow in a lot in the last couple of weeks.

These were 16 weeks.

approximately 10 weeks

Oakley looks like he has the broader head and build of the golden retriever too.  But that could just be cute rolly poly puppy phase.

Gunner is awesome!  I'd be thrilled to have Oakley look like him, thanks for sharing the pics, your daughter (?) is pretty adorable too!!  Yes, Oakley is so soft right now, it's a good thing he doesn't mind being cuddled!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service