DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hey all, 

After a lot of research I am in the process of looking for a medium goldendoodle(30-45 pounds).  I am from NC and willing to travel to pick up a puppy, but I feel like I just keep finding puppymills.  This is not my first time owning a dog, but it is the first time buying the puppy myself and I want to make sure I am doing it right.  Any help or suggestions of breeders within a 5-8 hour radius of Charlotte, NC would be very helpful.  The two website below looked less like puppy mills, but I also have concerns.

http://bestgoldendoodles.com/the-f1b-advantage/

http://www.ridensgoldendoodles.com/

Views: 480

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I got Calla from a breeder now in South Carolina. See my page.

Hi CC, if you have not already done so, please read our guidelines on What to Look for in a Breeder and take them to heart. Use this as a checklist and walk away from anyone who can't measure up to these minimum basic standards.

I am not at all impressed with the two breeders you linked. Neither one mentions genetic health testing of the parents, and that is the most important factor in selecting a breeder or a puppy. 

Breeder recommendations and referrals are not permitted here in the open forum, but people can send you PMs if you accept a friend request. 

I can tell you that the most reputable breeders usually have waiting lists. If I were looking for a Goldendoodle puppy, the breeder I would buy from currently has waiting lists for litters that haven't even been conceived yet. 

Karen, 

We are looking pretty far out so I am expecting a waiting list.  Would you be comfortable sharing the breeder you are using?

I'm not using a breeder, but I know who I would use if I were looking for a breeder, lol. I'd be happy to share. 

Karen, 

That would be great if you are able to send it to me!

I did. But again, I strongly urge you to read the guidelines I posted above. Personal recommendations are nice, but I have seen people here recommend breeders with known genetic diseases in their lines, and even puppy mill breeders. People love their dogs and therefore, they think their breeder must have been wonderful. You really need to know what to look as far as health testing, health warranty, and the purchase contract. 

Here's a link to the Goldendoodle Breeders' Assn website. They have certain standards their members must meet, and this would be a good place to start your search: http://www.goldendoodleassociation.com/home.aspx

Neither of the two breeders you linked ar GANA members. 

Hi CC, I'm not sure if you are getting notifications. I did leave a message on your page, and then I sent a friend request and messaged you, so far the request hasn't been accepted. You might want to check your email settings if you're not getting notifications. 

Will you consider a Labradoodle or are you strictly wanting a Goldendoodle?

We really want a golden doodle. We are planning on going through red spring farm.

I sent you a message with the breeder we used.  Good luck!

I highly recommend Carolina Poodle Rescue in Pacolet, SC. I adopted my Doodle from there. The employees and volunteers are very friendly and they take good care of all the dogs. I've been there about 4 times and they always had bunches of Doods.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service