DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Camus got hold of a blue gel ink pen and within no time he had blue ink all over his face, tongue, paws. I called his vet and they said not to worry as long as he had not ingested any of the pen. He did not, but now how do I clean him up? Any suggestions?

Views: 168

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Christine, I have to tell you I am laughing out loud!!!  I have no useful suggestions, but thanks for the laugh!
One more photo....
OMGoodness, that is the sweetest face... You can see it in his eyes, he didn't mean it...!!!!  I googled to see if I could find the answer for you, unfortunately all the advice involved using chemicals.. I am not sure I would do that. The strongest I would use is dish soap. I think he is cute blue..
Sorry, but I had to laugh, I've heard of the winter blues and now I've seen them. I use hairspray to get ink out of clothing but not sure I would use it on my dog, you may just have to wait till it wears away. If nothing else you have a good conversation starter. Good Luck.
It's the alcohol in hairspray that removes ink. That might be okay on his paws, but nowhere else.  I think just a thorough scrub down with soap and water is the best you can do until it wears off.
Maybe he was being creative, an artistic doodle. I would just use the soap you bath him with. He is so darn cute. I agree he didn't mean any harm.

Camus, thank you so much for cheering me up today! What a good doodle you are! I definitely think blue is your color, but I'm going to send you a green pen so you can be ready for St. Patrick's day in a month. The blue should have worn off by then.

Christine, sorry, but I think he looks adorable and he is a walking mood-elevator! Anyone who sees him will know exactly what happened, and laugh out loud like we did. Nobody could "get the blues" looking at that face!

I am not upset with Camus, just mad at myself for being so dumb!!!  Actually I think he is upset because I kind of freaked when I looked to see what he was chewing on and saw all of the ink on him.  And, he is sorry for being blue.... see

Oh my!  Poor guy.  And yes I also agree, I did chuckle a bit.  I would also suggest trying soap or shampoo.  I wonder if rubbing alcohol would help at least in the paws.  I know they use that at the vets to sterilize where they are taking blood etc.  Maybe lemon juice?  Just throwing things out there. Good luck!
Aw, poor Camus!  You do look adorable, though - blue looks good on you!  Sorry I don't know of cleanser - I'd say keep washing with his shampoo.  If blue ink comes off our hands (eventually), surely it will come out of Camus, too!

Maybe Camus wants to be like the famous BLUE DOG by Rodrigue.

Having left many pens in lab coat  (haha) pockets, hair spray will work (its the alcohol). Also a 70% solution ethanol, but that maybe hard on Camus. This gets out permanent marker so I think it will work. But soap and water may work.

NOT methanol.  At least I believe that is more dangerous.  Just simple rubbing alcohol.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service