DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I am desperately searching for a doodle!  We would like a multi-gen (for allergy and shedding purposes) standard size.  Would love a red.

If you have any tips or suggestions please let me know!  Thanks.

Views: 278

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What kind of tips are you looking for? Labradoodle or goldendoodle? How bad/what kind of allergies are we talking about? Where have you looked so far?

Hi Lorraine. By "adopt", I'm assuming you mean you would like to purchase a puppy from a breeder?

The DK guidlines prohibit anyone from recommending a breeder in the open forums here. People may leave a message on your page, or send you a friend request and PM you.

Here is the DK article on What to Look for in a Breeder; it contains very important information on how to choose a reputable breeder, and there are links to the Owner Recommended Breeders group as well as the various Doodles for sale groups.

Good luck in your search.

Suggestion: dont be desperate in your search or you will rush and perhaps settle for less or get frustrated. Find the right breeder(s) (an acceptable breeder to you based on your research and personal interactions) and take it from there. Getting the dog that seems right for you may take some time.

Tip: I would venture a guess that most quality breeders would have a website where you can begin to get to know your candidate breeders, how they operate and their lineups.

We looked at breeders here on the east coast and ended up with a great pup from one of them.

(edited by admin to remove breeder names)

Dave, again, you cannot recommend breeders ot give breeder suggestions here in the forum.

Thanks for sharing that. Your reply hadn't hit the post before I replied or I would have thought twice before stating the breeders I looked at before my purchase. 

Thank you Dave! A personal message with the info would be appreciated!

Look at the bottom of the main page and put in applications for the adoption groups that are rescuing doodles.  Could be your new best friend!

I don't think the OP means "adopt" in the sense of adopting a rescue, and at any rate, it would be next to impossible. The chances of finding a red multi-gen standard in rescue are slim to none, let alone finding one within driving distance and meeting the adoption qualifications. Rescue is not a good option for people who have very specific requirements in terms of color, coat, generation, size, etc.

My thoughts exactly!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service