DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I have researched long and hard and put policy next to policy for the last couple of weeks. Here are the top two choices and the differences.

Trupanion charges $29.47 per month with a $200 "per incident" deductible and pays 90 percent for accidents, illness and prescriptions with no pay out limit.

Embrace charges $30.28 per month with a $200 "annual" deductible and pays 80 percent for accidents, illness and prescriptions with a $10,000 annual pay out limit.

Does anyone have experience with either company? Embrace is rated the number one carrier by consumer reports.

Views: 1231

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have Embrace but have yet to use them.  I got them after Gracie Doodle had fox tails in her paws and had to have two surgeries within a week for over $1,000.  I built my own plan so my monthly is cheaper but I have a $500 deductible.  I also didn't get the dental or the well visits, i.e., vaccinations, etc.  What made my decision was the deductible once met was satisfied for the entire year.  I was not fond of a deductible per incident at all.  Also, genetic and hereditary stuff is covered.  Can't remember if Trupanion covers that.  Everyone seems to go with Pet Plan but they are also "per incident" and that is the deal killer for me personally.
I just figure when you have these little Doodle puppies, so much can go on or happen and it adds up so quickly.  That is why I go with the one time deductible.  I read about all the socks that get eaten, plants, toys, and it goes on and on.  That is enough for me.  Though my Gracie Doodle will be 4 in May and I didn't get insurance until last September or October for her.  We lucked out with her as a puppy!  I look at little Rooney who is probably 8 months old and how many times he has been to the vet.  Then there is Guinness and Murphy...that is a lot of deductibles paid each time!!!
i have to say we are very lucky.  despite my bestest efforts to never, ever allow socks or underwear hit the floor, Monty has digested several pairs of his mommys underwear and a sock or two along the way.

my breeder brought me to tears. i was told pics every week or so.............i waited and checkedmy email one thousand times per day.. I was certain i was being scammed, a fool.  when it all came down, i got the puppy i longed for and paid for.  i hope that your experience is as wonderful.

my breeder ended up taking awesome photos at 8 weeks..........but sadly i cant find them anymore on her page.  Breathe in, breathe out.  my best guess is that they are crazy busy>

It must be killing you to not have pictures of your baby.  Do you already have the actual Doodle picked out or do you pick when you go to the breeders to get him/her?  We had Gracie picked out and our breeder was local so we visited her every weekend from 2 weeks old and brought her home at 6 weeks!!!  I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am to have a Doodle and especially MY Gracie Doodle who is my everything (aside from grown kids and grandkids).  Her 4th birthday is next month and I can't believe how the time has flown by.  During the nipping and baby tooth stage you think it will never end and then one day...

Sandy, sorry about the loss of your son, it must have been devastating.

I don't think you can tell  this young (or really ever, the change surprised us on Daisy) but I think the breeder will be able to give you her idea as she has seen her pups grown. Either pup is beautiful and I am sure you will adore her whichever way her coat is.

So excited for you.

Gracie has the in-between coat.  She is what we call a wavy fleece and is not wooly feeling at all.  She is sooooo soft.  I groom her myself.  I wanted a red but fell in love with Gracie who is an apricot.  All of the litter were red, apricot, buff and creame.  There were 13 of them!!!!  Gracie is a big girl but I love every ounce of her and it is so much fun to wrap my arms around her and hug her like a person.  My DH calls her a "significant" sized Doodle!!!  lol

We chose Pet Plan and their middle level. Here are the costs and reimbursements.

Silver Plan

Veterinary Fees

$12,000

Boarding Kennel and
Cattery Fees
$250
Advertising and Reward

$250
Loss due to Theft or
Straying
$250

Quarterly Premium

$43.93
Annual Premium

$165.71

Deductible

$200
Reimbursement Level

80%

The Doodle Messenger has worked with Petplan to provide not only discounts for Doodle dogs, using the Doodle promo word, but, for each dog registered for pet insurance in any plan (and it doesn't have to be a doodle to use the promo code!) they are sending $50 to the Messenger for the sick Doodles there.  They have been more than wonderful in going after a forgotten Doodle promo word being entered, adding that within a reasonable period of time.  Our webmaster has been flooded with fabulous comments about Petplan from Doodle owners all over the US, and the interest of their President in our sick Doodles, has been fabulous.  They are planning on opening in Canada this year we are told.  AND, we sent our letter asking for partners in this journey to assist owners with huge bills to every pet insurance company in the United States.  Petplan's President personally got back to the webmaster the day he recieved our Board's letter.  The only correspondent to all of the letters we mailed, and now routinely checks coming to the Messenger's dog's. 

Also, we have had letters sent to us by Veterinarians who indicate it is, for them, an easy program to work with.  We cannot tell you how happy this has made the Board of the Messenger which you know crosses all forums and associations for Doodles internationally, and a wonderful surprise in credits to the Veterinarians (ultimately the owner's bill) taking care of these fur kids. I'm sounding like an endorsement when I just wanted to say they are a company who does what they say and without having to beg, plead, or send additional documentation for the 'refund' is our feedback.  The feedback from people who switched to this plan from another to help the Doods are also telling us it was the best change in coverage they had ever made, their check comes back almost by return mail. And, Petplan is sending almost on a weekly basis the $50 to our webmaster as promised for the  sick doods.  Just wanted you to have our perception of what they are doing for Doods. Puppy breath to you.  Judy for the Doodle Messenger

Judy --- Wish I could say they have been so helpful to me.  They misquoted my renewal, because they didn't give me the multiple dog discount, then they forgot to do the "doodle" discount.  Still have not gotten this straightened out after a few months.  They aren't even responding to my e-mails any longer.  Think I'm going to have to get on the phone.

For sure.  The President follows our Doodle forums and he doesn't like things like this to happen, not at all!

They have straightened out any issue related to their being Doodle 'Partners" with us on The Doodle Messenger, so I would definitely pick up the phone and call.  If I remember correctly, this was his

masters topic at Wharton School of Finance and he then put it into practice and they are rapidly heading to top scores in consumer satisfaction...one of his goals.  So, for sure I would call back.  Either they are or will be moving into the Canadian market and it seems to me this is about that time.  Maybe bringing on new phone people. In any event, for sure call back and get to a supervisor if you can. The Prez likes things in his company to go right, the first time!   They have certainly helped with financial support to our sick Doodles.  Good luck.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service