DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I'm considering this pup and wondering if you have any insight.  We recently tried to rescue a goldendoodle only to figure out that the individual "rescuing" the pups was really running a scam selling maltipoos as goldendoodle puppies.  So, as you can imagine I'm nervous and the seller of this pup isn't really helping. 

Here are some pictures.  The seller says she's 8 weeks old and that her sister is the breeder.  She included pics that she says are the parents - a 45 lbs golden mother and a 14 lb poodle father.

Views: 1524

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Perhaps, if you just can't go to the kill shelters, there is a no-kill shelter or pet adoption center. If you go to one of those places, you can feel better about not choosing a dog  knowing that it is safe.

The top photo kind of looks like a maltipoo to me.

Me too.

That's what I thought too

That was basically my instinct as well. I looked at pictures online all day and felt like her small size and little muzzle made her seem not too goldendoodly.

I thought so too.  Here's a photo I had in my files of an F1 American goldendoodle litter at 8-9 weeks of age.  You can't really see how wavy some were from this photo, but none had the short nose of this pup. Dad was a white poodle. These guys were so sweet.  English teddy bear doodles can be fuzzier but mom isn't an English retriever.   

I know your sweet dog is out there.  I really hope you find him/her soon.

The minis do sometimes have shorter muzzles. 

Thanks for helping to support the answer that this dog wasn't what it was advertised to be. 

Thanks also for your kind words.  I hope to find a good match soon.

Don't worry, you'll find a doodle soon! I wasn't able to adopt for a variety of reasons (renter, work full-time, live in an area with few shelter doodles, etc.) so I totally understand, don't be discouraged. I ended up going with a breeder, and I got a puppy that I totally adore. Naturally, getting a dog from a shelter is more socially responsible, but if it's not possible you can always find a responsible breeder and donate to the homeless dogs. I think you'll find a lot of people who've done just that at DK! :)

They are all really cute. Anything with Golden ret. in them is going to be a good dog. Sounds like they may be small,with Dad only weighing in at 14 lbs.Have fun with what ever you pick. They little white ones are pretty curley  for a doodle at that age.

You might try visiting a shelter in your area and talking to the volunteers. Go back frequently and talk to them. Let them get to know you and talk to them about what kind of dog you are looking for in the hopes that they could let you know when a certain dog comes in. I don't know if that is possible, but there may also be help needed (front desk) which would further increase your chances. I would have problems going back to the cages and sleeping at night. Please don't rush into anything. This is a very long commitment and you want it to be the right fit. Take your time, because I believe the right dog will find you.

Good advice, thank you.  I think one of our rescues here (actually one that I've had no luck with!) has a new partnership with some shelters where they'll basically help you shop for your dream dog.  I should try to utilize that service.  I've just been putting it off since I've been trying to contact them over an adoption application.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service