DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Toby grabbed an SOS pad from the kitchen counter and in a split second it was shredded and gone!!!!!  I called the vet, they said to give him white rice and water, if he starts vomiting or gets diarrhea take him to emergency ASAP. These cleaning pads are wirey and I fear it will cause damage, or not pass at all.....which the vet said would result in surgery....  How long does it normally take for something to pass through?  The vet said to watch him closely through the night.  We have always been so careful, our house is so child-proofed (doodle proofed), we never had to child proof this much for the kids or grandkids.....I just hope we can get through this with no consequences, then no more SOS pads in the house!!! And, yes, the baby gate goes back up to block off the kitchen .  I am worried sick about this!!!!! 

Views: 5515

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Fantastic Toby update!! What a scare. Silly doodle, lay it off and let mama have a moment of peace :-)
So glad to hear Toby is doing better today!!
So glad to hear that Toby is ok, I know that fear, Oliver also ate a dryer sheet about a month ago and I was freaking...They are sooo fast it is scary...Thanks to you guys on the board here I was a little calmer, but I know that feeling...Just sooo glad that Toby is ok!!!!!

So glad Toby is doing well and thanks for the update!

I'm so happy to hear this great news.  You must be so relieved....another great reminder to all of us about just how quickly they can grab something.
So sorry I missed this post!  SO glad to hear he is doing well!   I KNOW how you feel! Did the vet take an x-ray to be sure there were no stragglers?  Tori swallowed so much... a hair scrunchy... corn cob, and worst of all - a teeny tiny screw once and we never even knew it.  It caused havoc to her system.  These doodles - sometimes worse than babies!  So glad Toby is doing well. Maybe give him some bread to coat any tiny pieces of the pad that may still be lingering. So glad you feel relieved!

Debbie, that is GREAT NEWS about Toby. 

Great news!! I love happy endings.
Good, I hope he continues to be okay!!!!
Oh, Happy Day!  Hugs to you all!
Please let us know how Toby is doing. Hoping for the best results. 

Thanks again to all of you for your well wishes and concern! Toby is doing great! No ill affects from eating the SOS pad. I think he is past the danger point, so far no sign of him having any reaction from the cleaning chemical that is in them. Thank goodness he is OK!!!!!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service