DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Honey is in the most capable and and loving arms of Dr. Beam and his staff in Alvarado, Texas.  I spent some time with her before his staff took her in the back.  They explained she would have her surgery by Friday or Monday at the latest.  She then will begin a grueling and painful, for the first several weeks, 4-8 week rehabilitation.  Dr. Beam's assistant explained that because she is young it will probably be no more than 6 weeks and may be even quicker.  That is good news.

Before I departed his office to start back to Savannah I asked if I could see her again.  They took me back through their incredible facility to their kennels.  She was standing there in her large kennel with her favorite sleeping rug and her toys, but looking forlorn and confused.  I sat with her and held her through the kennel while she licked my ears, also known as Doodle Kisses.  I promised I would come back for her soon.  I then left.  It was not a good.....for me.

After regaining my composure I headed toward Savannah making it to Minden, LA before stopping for the night.  Tomorrow early evening I will make it back home. All-in-all I will log about 2800 miles.  Well worth it to me...and Joyce. 

Please keep in mind this was a DRC family effort.  We all participated whether it be making flight arrangements, the vets devoting their time and resources, her fosters, her transportation, those who donated for her surgery or the many who gave morale support to the latter.  As Jacquie commented today, we, DRC, are a family and a family can do awesome things together.

OK...time to get some rest and hit the road again tomorrow.  Thank y'all for everything EVERYONE has done.

Nite.

Views: 10458

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bless you again and again for all you are doing for sweet Honey!  Love your updates!  

Such a nice Sunday treat to hear the news of Honey and the family. My dad always use to say "slow and steady wins the race" and I think that should be Honey's new mantra! Bless you for all you are doing. Safe travels onward, and I look forward to more of your adventures with Honey and family.

As always..thank you for all that you do!!!

Good to know how Honey is doing and how she is getting on with your two. The rehab is slow work and muscles will take time to rebuild but you are doing it the best way possible and the water is excellent for her. We all love Honey and I get very excited with any news of her recovery and adoption.  So much has happened to her in the last short while but she looks like such a sweet doodle and I along with many many others are heartened to know that this story has a true fairy tale ending.

We all love hearing how Honey is progressing and your posts make me realize that it is not "PRESTO" she is fine.  there is a lot of hard work here, and you are in charge and she is, we all hope, making it all worthwhile; She is blessed to have found you and her new family.  I want to think she knows that!  All of us on Dk do!  

For any one in the Jacksonville, FL area following or interested in meeting Honey, we will be meeting a group of Doodle folks at the Hanna Park entrance at 10AM this coming Friday. If you have a Doodle bring him/her. If you don't, bring yourself and your four legged child or just bring yourself. You will just love Honey and she will just love you.

What a great opportunity! To meet the entire Doodle family!! I wish I was in that area...I can't wait to see the pix of everyone posing with Honey & "gang"

Oh, I sooo wish I lived in the area to be a part of that "Doodle Romp" and to meet you in person and of course to see beautiful little Honey!  So nice of you to invite everyone to see her and be with her for a visit! My thoughts and love will be with all of you:)

Honey Update!! What an awesome morning. We are now in Mayport, FL, our final destination before we return to the Berry Oaks Doodle Ranch in Black Creek, GA. We all met with Elizabeth and her Bailey and Lori and her Daphne and Lucy. Fantastic ladies with fantastic Doodles. We spent and hour and a half chatting and watching the Doodles play. Almost felt we were in a photo shoot. Elizabeth and Lori both were, literally, taking hundreds of pictures. I was able to get a few in there.
Honey is doing much better and she makes progress every day. Once we get home on Monday we expect her to really get going. She still has a month to go before she is able to run free, then look out.
Look for more posts with pictures from Elizabeth and Lori later on.

Sounds like a great morning, we all wish we could have been there too! Glad to hear Honey is doing well! 

How wonderful, we can't wait to see those pictures!

Looks like Honey really draws in the Puparazzi! So happy to hear of her continued improvement.  Glad to hear you had a fun day with fellow DK'ers and thanks for the update.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service