DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Honey is in the most capable and and loving arms of Dr. Beam and his staff in Alvarado, Texas.  I spent some time with her before his staff took her in the back.  They explained she would have her surgery by Friday or Monday at the latest.  She then will begin a grueling and painful, for the first several weeks, 4-8 week rehabilitation.  Dr. Beam's assistant explained that because she is young it will probably be no more than 6 weeks and may be even quicker.  That is good news.

Before I departed his office to start back to Savannah I asked if I could see her again.  They took me back through their incredible facility to their kennels.  She was standing there in her large kennel with her favorite sleeping rug and her toys, but looking forlorn and confused.  I sat with her and held her through the kennel while she licked my ears, also known as Doodle Kisses.  I promised I would come back for her soon.  I then left.  It was not a good.....for me.

After regaining my composure I headed toward Savannah making it to Minden, LA before stopping for the night.  Tomorrow early evening I will make it back home. All-in-all I will log about 2800 miles.  Well worth it to me...and Joyce. 

Please keep in mind this was a DRC family effort.  We all participated whether it be making flight arrangements, the vets devoting their time and resources, her fosters, her transportation, those who donated for her surgery or the many who gave morale support to the latter.  As Jacquie commented today, we, DRC, are a family and a family can do awesome things together.

OK...time to get some rest and hit the road again tomorrow.  Thank y'all for everything EVERYONE has done.

Nite.

Views: 10458

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Amazing!

Folks, this will be the last post regarding Honey on this thread.  All other posts will be on our blog: http://www.berryoaks.blogspot.com/

Honey is doing great.  She is a real Doodle.  We have found that she is a Labradoodle not a Goldendoodle.  Through a lot of research we found she was bred at and delivered as a puppy from Big Top Labradoodles also known as Daisy Hill Labradoodles in Washington state, not the one in Oregon.  In our humble opinion and with no accusations, we feel this breeder is just a puppy mill operation. 

She loves her home here in Savannah and, especially, her new brother Rosco. Rosco has taken on a new persona and is so much friskier than he has been in years.   This, we are sure, is all due to his bonding with Honey. Guinness, too, is different in that he wants more attention.  Like we don't give him enough.  HA!  We accommodate.  ;)

I love your last sentence regarding giving your doodles attention. "We accommodate." You certainly do! Thank you for all the accommodating you have done on behalf of Honey and all of your fans. hugs and doodlekisses

Ha! a Labradoodle!  no difference in all our hearts (although I am partial to ADL) and she is beautiful! 

Thank you so much for loving Honey, she has stolen a little piece of our hearts. The world is a better place because of folks like you.

Great to see the dogs at play. Enjoy Honey, Roscoe and Guinness,

She plays a lot like Lucy does.  She always lays down.  I think it is because Sophie was smaller and AnnaBelle is as well so that way she doesn't hurt them.  I love seeing them play together.

Just fabulous........

Big smiles here!!! Watching these two just makes me smile!

Big smiles here too!  I will forever be a fan of yours, Guiness, Roscoe, and sweet Honey Bear! (I am partial to Labradoodles LOL) 

BTW Daisy Hill Labradoodles also goes under the name of Curly Top Labradoodles in WA state. Spread the word everyone. Google them and you'll find a list of sick puppy complaints by buyers.  Thanks for making us all aware of this!  

Hugs and wags to all of you!

I love watching doodles at play! And it appears they like wrestling more than kibbles! LOL  But, if it makes you feel better, Tara came to the computer when you whistled! :) Thanks for sharing your piece of her journey with us and may you all have many happy & healthy years together!

Woah...Rosco is as fast as lightening!  Honey looks like she's doing awesome!  I love her fuzzy little butt!  

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service