DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Honey is in the most capable and and loving arms of Dr. Beam and his staff in Alvarado, Texas.  I spent some time with her before his staff took her in the back.  They explained she would have her surgery by Friday or Monday at the latest.  She then will begin a grueling and painful, for the first several weeks, 4-8 week rehabilitation.  Dr. Beam's assistant explained that because she is young it will probably be no more than 6 weeks and may be even quicker.  That is good news.

Before I departed his office to start back to Savannah I asked if I could see her again.  They took me back through their incredible facility to their kennels.  She was standing there in her large kennel with her favorite sleeping rug and her toys, but looking forlorn and confused.  I sat with her and held her through the kennel while she licked my ears, also known as Doodle Kisses.  I promised I would come back for her soon.  I then left.  It was not a good.....for me.

After regaining my composure I headed toward Savannah making it to Minden, LA before stopping for the night.  Tomorrow early evening I will make it back home. All-in-all I will log about 2800 miles.  Well worth it to me...and Joyce. 

Please keep in mind this was a DRC family effort.  We all participated whether it be making flight arrangements, the vets devoting their time and resources, her fosters, her transportation, those who donated for her surgery or the many who gave morale support to the latter.  As Jacquie commented today, we, DRC, are a family and a family can do awesome things together.

OK...time to get some rest and hit the road again tomorrow.  Thank y'all for everything EVERYONE has done.

Nite.

Views: 10458

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Look at her go! Doesn't get any better!

wow--HOO-RAY for Honey! She is so athletic--truly a miraculous recovery!

Honey makes me happy!  It's so nice to see her running and having fun with the other Doodles!

I try to keep Honey's training sessions short (thanks to Eric Letendre, the Amazing Dog Training Man) because of her short attention span. Ten to fifteen minutes at most. She is a quick learner and is already mastering the sit, stay and come commands. But, alas, she tires quickly even though she enjoys the treats. This morning I knew she had had enough when she looked at me and she did this after I had asked her to come. Oka-a-a-a-y, training session over for this morning.
: )

Too funny!

She has spunk!

That sure says it all!

LOL, she's a funny girl! 

Learning can be hard work :)

Oh Honey! That is just too funny. Thanks for the update. We love our Honey stories!

Not on DK too much these days so I just saw this... :)  I took a spill and injured my leg, so I'm right there with ya Honey girl!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service