DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Do you have a Hot Doodle?  

Id love to know how many cant take the heat...Even Mild heat. 

I have owned 3 black dogs & none of them were anything like Trixie.   And she has white fur!

Today we went for a walk It was 65 with a nice cool breeze.  granted it was Sunny.  We were walking on a sidewalk...Trixie the Little smarty stopped walking everytime we were in the shade of a tree...She didnt sit...As she knows I like to keep walking on a walk...She just stopped & stood at every shade tree!  it was rather funny.

When we got home She raced to the cool tile & water dish.

We put a fan on her- about 2 feet away & she got up & sat right in front of the fan!

She is also one of the Doodles whos Paws Sweat.

What will she do when it is 70, 80 & 90!

We bought a pool for her for the summer...Of course she is only 4 months old...So we dont know if she loves water yet...But if it cools her off- I cant imagine her not liking it.

We are planning on taking her to our Memorial day picnic on Monday..it is supposed to get to 78. (we have only hit 80 here once this year)

Its just so wierd to me

Views: 80

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We bought Coco a toy that you get wet and then put in the freezer...like many others described here she is ALWAYS panting and hot...sleeps on a tile floor. But she really loves this toy when it's frozen. She just lays and chews on it. Can't remember what it's called but it's a white cloth stuffed bone that has a vanilla scent to it.
That sounds like a fun toy Nicole.  If you happen to remember the name or can find it on line- Id love to see it.
My Coco had that toy too and she loved it!! It's called a chilly bone!! It helps a lot with keeping them cool and it's great when dogs are teething!!
I make Marley a Doodle popsicle...take a plastic cup...fill with water..mix in a little chicken broth, put a treat or two in...freeze it the night before...next morning run under water to pop out the popsicle....put doodle on deck and watch her enjoy!

My doodle Magnet is a hot one too and she is a cream doodle.  She LIVES in front of the fan in the summertime, that is her favorite place.  She also will not sleep with me in the summer months, because she gets too hot, even if the air is on, she will sleep on the hardwood floor instead.  In the winter, she is in bed with me all night. lol

I also have 2 other dogs who are blk, and the heat doesn't seem to faze them at all.  My one blk dog Lucy will bake in the direct sunlite for a long time, she loves it and doesn't seem to get miserable at all.  Mags on the other hand, acts miserably hot in the summer.  I do keep both my doodles coats pretty short in the summer months, but I do fear sunburn too.   I too have a kiddy pool for my dogs, and they love it.  

I think Hattie and Vern would be best friends :)

Pam, Maybe you didn't see my discussion about Who Wore It Best, but I think you can clearly see that both Fudge and Vern are hot.

LOL..oh they are Hot Laurie!
Chuzzle has light fur and he is at his best in the cold and snow.  when summertime comes he is more reluctant to go outside unless it is evening or I take him to the pool...after swimming he hides himself under my chair for the shade.  My goldens were not so reluctant with the heat.

Jack can not stand to be hot!!! I have shaded windows for him when he is in the car, but he still pants heavily unless I have the AC blowing hard on him.

On walks he is totally hot. I live in SC so I only walk him early morning and late night. I will cool him off with wet towels if he over heats to much. He does not like to go swimming  but I will stick him in the pool to cool him off

Luna has a little kiddie pool from Wal Mart (4' pool) that she absolutely LOVES.

One hot day I'm going to take a video of her.  She likes to splash and dig in the water (much like her bath video if you saw it) and ... she has a flower pot that she takes into the water, fills up and then prances around the yard with it while the water leaks out the bottom :p

We use a cooling coat for Holly. We wet it and it evaporates to keep her a bit cooler.

It helps but we still don't take her places when the weather is hot. Except for the pool of course.  Holly did not like the pool at first.  Our daughter's lab taught her to swim.  Now she doesn't need the swim jacket...

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service