DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hello, i was typing this question into google, and it brought me to this website, So i figured you guys could help answer.

I recently got a F1B GoldenDoodle,

The Mother Was 60 Lbs, And the Father was 45-50 Lbs

Hes currently just under 9 weeks old, and he weighs 7 pounds...

Is there a chart or Forumala, where i can tell approx how big he will become

Views: 369

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The formula that works pretty well is to take the weight at 16 weeks, multiply by 2 then add 10 pounds. :-) This worked well for my first doodle. He is super cute! I predict lots of curls, too.

Alright thanks.... I guess ill need to wait another 7 weeks and ill post the results

Anyone want to take a guess in the mean time? :)

Well, my F1b goldendoodle was 85 pounds and 30 inches tall.  His parents were smaller in weight and inches.  So, my guess would be bigger than his parents.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!

Orwell is similar. His mom is 45-50 lbs, dad is 55 lbs, Orwell is 70 lbs.
I started weighing him at 10 weeks. He was 17 lbs at the time.

Wow.

Sounds as if i may have gotten a bigger dog then i thought..

Time will tell ;)

It is hard to tell with the mixes, but I can tell you that my F1b female was 10.5 lbs at 8 weeks and she is now a little over 50 lbs full grown

I think it's too soon to tell. What did your breeder guesstimate and does she have other litters from this pair? The best formula I know, and about as close as you can guess, is the 16 week one that V mentioned. It can go +/- 5-10 pds however in my experience.

Alright thank you

I was hoping for around ~50 pounds.

I guess i will need to wait until week 16 to have a better estimate

Bottom line, these dogs are a mixed breed dog.  Size guessing is only an estimate.  The 4 month formula works much of the time for standard sized doodles.

He just hit the 9 week mark today... 7 more weeks and i'll have a better idea :)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service