DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I see so many cute names here that I just have to wonder...where they came from. 

Molly is named after a very good friend of mine whom I adore.  Our lab Bear was named by his first family and we decided to keep it since he knew it was his.  Heidi was my mom's doxie who now has her forever home with us. 

So if you don't mind sharing....how did you pick your puppies names?

Views: 268

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am glad that Grace came and graced your life with happiness again. Dogs are great for that...my mother is in the hospital and Parker just sensed something was wrong and calmly came onto the couch next to me and put his head on my lap quietly.
My sister suggest I name my first doodle "Webber" because I paid for him out of my Paine Webber investment account.  She thought the name sounded fluffy, yet masculine.  After her suggestion I couldn't find anything that seemed right but Webber!  It just fit.  He is a serious, attentive and focused kind of guy.  My second doodle, Seda (which means silk in Spanish) got her name because her coat felt so silky when she was a puppy.  Webber doesn't have a nickname but I call Seda "bug", because she catches them and eats them and because she is such a love bug.
Gus just looked like a Gus. Don't ask me what that looks like. Other than he acts like a goofy gus a lot of the time. Lily already had her name when we got her from the rescue and we didn't see any reason to change it.
After going over a bunch of names, my fiance and I couldn't agree on anything! Since I was the one who actually drove to the breeder to pick the puppy up, I finally claimed the right to name the dog and came up with Parker because we got him from Parkesburg, PA. Gave him a little piece of his old home to come to his new home in NJ.

Boomer - Named by our daughter after hearing an airplane "boom"

Shayna (Punim) - Means pretty (face) in yiddish - it is a term of endearment

Mariner - was named by the breeder - he was born while Waterworld was on TV.  (Also the writer of Waterorld shares our last name).   

I have been begging my DH for another dog and he wasn't sure he was ready for another.  He finally agreed to another dog.  Never in a million years would I have ever thought he would agree to a goldendoodle.  "you want a what?"  Well, I showed him all of my research, notes and pics and now he is just as (well almost) excited about our upcoming addition as I am.  So I am letting DH choose the name.  He is from Boston and a big hockey fan/player...so hence, the name Bruin...or maybe Stanley (Lord Stanley)...or maybe Bobby Orr.  So far we have only agreed on Bruin.  Today I bought 3 Boston Bruin collars (small, medium & large) and a matching leash! 
i LOVE this! I can't wait for the final movie to come out. I'm goingt to the IMAX on opening day. :o)
Brinkley is named after the Golden Retriever in the movie "You've Got Mail."
I've just always loved the name Sophie. I had been reserving it for if I had kids one day, but figured, who knows if that'll ever happen at this rate, so I decided to name her Sophie. The Bear part of her name just sort of happened. i called her that all the time. Actually, before I got her I had almost adopted a rescue named Ollie, who I called Ollie Bear in my head, but in the end I didn't get him, which I totally and completely regret to this day. So I attached the Bear part to Sophie, and it's a bit of a reminder. I think about Ollie all the time and wish him well.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service