DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Ferguson is 5 months old and weighs about 43 lbs. and is about 20 inches high at the shoulder. (he doesn't hold still long enough to be more exact LOL) I find calculators that say he will mature to somewhere between 57-68 lbs. What I can't find is how much taller he will get which is much easier for me to picture. I know he's going to be a big boy! He already is! But how big?

Views: 395

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Did you meet the parents? That helps to get an idea.

By your description this sounds like a lab or golden body. Short, strong, and stocky versus the tall, long-legged poodle trait.

To get an accurate measurement have your dog standing against the wall will be so much easier.   Take a pencil and mark the wall.   Measure your mark on the wall not the wiggly dog.

Are you taking the measurement at the withers?

Here is an example of measuring from the withers.

Just measured Enzo: 21.5 inches and 40,5 lbs at 6 months.
I just looked.I thought Ferguson was a male! She is going to be on the larger side! More to snuggle and line on! Yeah..would be quite a road trip for a Doodle Romp!
Bawahahahahaha...I looked quickly at your page and saw "female"... And thought it was the dog! Male: then that's different! Enzo is a " cougar" and likes younger men! ;)

good tip Joanne-now I just have to find a measuring tape or stick! 

Is that a horseydoodle! 

Enzo (female) is just 6 months and weighs 40.5. Her Breeder thinks she will be around 50-55 when fully grown. I have not measured her in quite awhile. But your guy, obviously going to be larger. Her Golden Mom was 50ish and Standard Dad Poodle, 65ish lbs.

I think they reach their full height or close to it by 9 or 10 months--weight is easier to calculate--by taking his four month wt. and doubling it and that will be +/_ ten pounds. If he was around 37 pounds four weeks ago (I am guessing from what you wrote) then you are looking at anywhere from 64-84 pounds. Sounds about right for a full size GD.

I need to remeasure the height of my doodles cuz I think I did it wrong and only measured to the shoulder. Geez! What do I know about 'whithers' except that I don't have any?

LOL

I went back to my charts - she grew like mad up until at 22 weeks our girl was 31lbs and 20" tall, then at seven months she was 21.5" tall and 36lbs. We just had her weighed at sixteen months and she is 24" tall and 42lbs - - it's all legs~   her GD mother has long legs, and her sire is same size - but littermates run all the way to near 90lbs.

My guess is you will have a 65-70+

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service