DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I just read in an article that many people are choosing 'people' names for their dogs now.  Years ago people chose "dog names" such as Rover, Rex, Blackie and Fido.  Now, the trend is for 'people' names.  The article stated the reason for this was because we are now thinking of our dogs more as family members than 'pets'.  So, did you give your dog a 'person name'?  With Tori, it was more of a word we chose because of the meaning of it.  Then we liked it even more because it sort of was like a play on words... Tori sounded like the then NY Yankee manager , Joe Torre.... So we didn't actually choose Tori because it was short for Victoria, but worked out in our favor since she NOW IS considered one of the family...A bit more hairier,  four legs, tail, and all!

Views: 621

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You do have to wonder about what goes on in the heads of some parents as they ponder that birth certificate.

Sometimes you just have to repeat to yourself - whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger - and then try to talk yourself into believing it!!!!

I guess with these unusual names you can either embrace the uniqueness or change them.

I'll tell ya it was no piece of cake growing up in the 50's/60's being the ONLY girl named Ricki. It was kind of like the Boy Named Sue! I was always ending up in the boy's P.E. classes which was really the only good thing that came out of it.!! LOL!
My name is Michael!! I'm a girl!
I love that name!  Michael Learned from the Waltons
I have a girl cousin named Michael! Although she goes by Mickey.
Michael--I never knew you were female   :)    DK has so many amazing finds each day.  Nice to re-meet you
Haha! It was a topic of Yappy Hour a couple times, I believe.
Parents! He probably is.
Our cat's  name is Amber and we have been using her as a tax write off for years! When we got Tara we decided to name her a human name too so we could use her as another dependent on our taxes! Works out great!! :)
LOL, Ricki!

I love human names for dogs.... my goldendoodle is Sasha Natasha and my labradoodle is Oliver Simon.  I gave my doodles middle names too :)     I always loved the name Sasha and the "Natasha" just fell into place.  I had the name Sasha picked out even before I got her, I knew my next dog would be a female.  When I saw Sasha the name fit her perfectly.  I had a hard time finding a name for Oliver, I originally wanted a male name to begin with a "s" to match with Sasha but could not find a name I liked.  My DBF came up with Oliver and my niece suggested Simon for a middle name and it fit him.

I love the name Sasha, Barb... 

Great choice!  (smile)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service