DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I just read in an article that many people are choosing 'people' names for their dogs now.  Years ago people chose "dog names" such as Rover, Rex, Blackie and Fido.  Now, the trend is for 'people' names.  The article stated the reason for this was because we are now thinking of our dogs more as family members than 'pets'.  So, did you give your dog a 'person name'?  With Tori, it was more of a word we chose because of the meaning of it.  Then we liked it even more because it sort of was like a play on words... Tori sounded like the then NY Yankee manager , Joe Torre.... So we didn't actually choose Tori because it was short for Victoria, but worked out in our favor since she NOW IS considered one of the family...A bit more hairier,  four legs, tail, and all!

Views: 621

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would NEVER have named my doodle after MY maiden name.  Can you imagine practicing recall with "Dumermuth, come!"???
LOL!!!

Not as bad as my mother's maiden name- Kluttz!!

Come here, Kluttz!

Oh, Kluttz, you knocked over your water bowl AGAIN!

ooo... NOT a good one to choose!  LOL
My DH and I love human names for pets.  We had a Scottish Fold cat named Ernie.  My daughter named him after Ernest Hemingway.  We had a black Lab named Rodney and now we have our precious Gracie.  We never even considered all the cutie doggie names.  We are now meeting so many people who have human names for their dogs.  We had a list a mile long before we picked Gracie.  We just tried each name out until one of them "fit" her and she is totally a Gracie Doodle when you look at her!
Sweet, Nancie!  Funny how we add doodle so often to her name too!  But usually it's Tori-girl, or now here's a girl name... Tori-Marie!

We named Luna then discovered my DH has a cousin named Luna :p  I guess that means it's a person name!

We thought up her name driving home after picking her out.  My DH came up with it, and I had just been thinking of sky-related names, so Luna "moon" seemed perfect :)

I had alway thought you named her after the character in Harry Ppotter, Luna Lovegood, one of my favourites! :o)
:o)  Love the name Luna!

I chose the human name "Riley" based on an early 20th century Irish expression "Living the Life of Riley," which according to Wikipedia has the following meaning:   

"Living the Life of Riley" suggests an ideal contented life, possibly living on someone else's money, time, or work.  Rather than a negative freeloading or gold-digging aspect, it instead implies that someone is kept or advantaged.

I thought it was a perfect expression for my pampered pooch!

That's hilarious. I wish I was named Riley. ;-)
Love it Ellen... and don't they ALL live the Life of Riley!  LOL

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service