DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Well now I know that I am losing it, I am totally ashamed of myself...today is Oliver's 5th Birthday!!!!...I thought about it all last week, even discussed getting a cake at the new dog bakery that opened here...I have been helping DH with tax season, and I just completely forgot.  I just looked at the newspapeer tonight, and the date caught my eye, I freaked...Well too late now, so we will have to celebrate tomorrow..I feels so bad, I always do something special for him, and we invite his best pal, a Labradoodle that lives down the street.  they got her from Doodle Rescue, and they are still thanking us for sending them to doodle Rescue.  We watch each others dog when we need to be away, and both of us know we can go away and not worry about either dog.  They love Oliver, and we love Remi...BUT I just feel so bad that I forgot his special day...I bet Oliver wouldn't forget my birthday if the situation was reversed....

Views: 457

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oliver doesn't care - it is okay!  Happy Birthday, Oliver!

Nancy, Oliver and his Mom say Thank you for such a beautiful Doodle birthday greeting...Please give Ned and Clancy a hug from your friends here in florida...What beautiful doodles!!!!..

Awwww...you"re not a bad Doodle mommy....just a very busy one. And I'm guessing Oliver doesn't mind a bit. An extra treat will make him forget all about it ;)
Wishing Oliver a very Doodley Birthday!

Thanks Ro, I am a busy person right now, but tomorrow is a day for Oliver, even DH will come home and celebrate with us for a little while and then back to the office...Extra treats for Oliver, lol...

I am sure if you get him a nice big cake from the dog bakery and have his special friend over he will forgive you Cheryl. :)

Happy birthday Oliver!

I think you are right Julie, he will care only that he gets his treat, lol, and of course to have his best friend here...and hugs from Mom & Dad....

Oh Happy Birthday dear Oliver, give your sweet mommy lots of doodle kisses the cheer her up! Aren't we mommy's so good at beating ourselves up?
I'm sure you will both have a super birthday celebration tomorrow and you also were able to help DH and all those people who were counting on getting their taxes done by the 15th. I bet Oliver would want it that way if you gave him the choice of that or a birthday cake. BTW, where in Lake Worth is there a dog bakery?

Sue, Oliver would rather have his cake, lol, he doesn't care about his Daddy being so busy right now, lol...the bakery is really in wellington, on SR/7, which is really 441.  It is really very close to the Wellington Mall, about 1/2 a mile from our house...Are u familiar with wellington/Lake Worth area?

Very familiar, we knew Wellington before there ever was a Wellington. I worked at Palms West Hospital for yrs. Thats a great place for a doggie bakery.

Sue I have to laugh, we have been in Wellington for 31 yrs. When we moved here there was no Palms West Hospital, lol, Forest Hill Blvd. was 2 lanes, one in each direction.  441 was a two lane rd, with no ligts, lol, u should see the area now, lol, u would be shocked.. Where did u live in Wellington Sue, I lived on Stirrup Lane, and Exotica Lane, in Sugar Pond Manor, lol, that was the outskirts of civilization then. we moved here in 1982...We now have 3 hospitals, here, lol I was a nurse too....I worked for the first walk in er center in Palm Bch cnty.  I ran the whole back, and the Dr. that owned the place was Dr. Fred Smith, he was the Dr. for the EMS for PB cnty. He was an orthopod...Those were the days..I worked for a urology group for 6 yrs after I left the E.R. center there and I retired from that and retired from nursing and now just help my husband in his office. What a small world...I use Puppy Love for dog grooming, I think Lisa has been in business for as long as I have been living here..

When DH and I were married in 1972, we drove around the soon to be " Wellington" development to the trailer with a map and pictures of some model homes. It looked like swamp land and we didn't have the foresight to envision anything ever living out there but Mosquitos! If I remember correctly, lots were around $2000.00 and we thought that was just ridiculous!!!! We remember what a big deal it was when there were enough houses built to afford a Publix and a school "way out in the boonies of Wellington". Lol.
We ended up buying a lovely home on Lake Osborne in Lake Worth and lived there and raised our children there and finally sold it in2005. We never lived in Wellington, just have had many friends and family who did or do.
Didn't know Dr. smith, as I've only been involved in OB my whole career. Sounds like you've had a nice career out there tho. I am retiring in 18 months. So looking forward to it!

Even I forget my birthday, or don't celebrate it on the correct day. I'm sure Oliver will forgive you, if you celebrate it tomorrow. Happy Birthday Oliver!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service