DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I wanna know how much doodles cost?
How much did u get ur doodle for?

Views: 106

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

From a quality, reputable breeder who does proper health testing of parent dogs, gives health guarantee, etc:

F1 labradoodles (1/2 lab & 1/2 poodle): about $1200

F1b labradoodle (1/4 lab & 3/4 poodle): about $1500-$1800

Higher generations and australian labradoodles: about $2000+

And often smaller sizes (mediums and minis) are more pricey in each category.

Price does NOT prove that the breeder is good--you still have 2 research and ask questions.

A really low price would give me red flags...however sometimes breeders will lower the price to help sell older pups. Although many feel that older pups are worth just as much because they have been raised thru the tough time of young puppyhood, maybe housetrained.
did you see the other post?
We paid $750 for ours.
We got our 2 puppies (one is multigen, one is f1b) for $1200. http://www.pattyspuppylovefarm.com/id79.html
we paid 1,000 for Izzy she is a F1
and i got very lucky with tucker he is a F1b....i only paid $350 for him. and i got him that cheap for 2 reasons.....1. he was not from a breeder, the only reason he had his female bred was that his daughter wanted to have a litter of pups...so he did it for her. (BUT I did as much research as i could on the parents...both of them came from good breeders) and the 2nd was that where he lives, people are still under the impression that a "doodle" is a mutt, and that there is NO WAY they would pay anymore than that for a puppy...and really $350 was pushing it. but i would recommend doing as much research on the breeder as possible!! it is very important to ask many many questions before you make a decision!!
Hi Morgan, we sell all our pups for $2,300 no matter the size, color, sex, etc. They are all Multi-Gen Australian Labradoodles from proven service dog bloodlines with non-shed, allergy friendly, fleece or wool coats. From my research I would say that Adina is in the ball park for each doodle. But there are also dogs that can be adopted for even less so I would say there is a fourth category.

Adina is also correct in saying that research is key. Not only the breeder but also the types of doodles.

Hi The other things you should consider along with price are the soundness of the parents, the guarantee from the breeder, whether spay/neutering is included and the code of ethics of the breeder. Anyone can breed a dog but it takes a special person to breed a dog with the intent of continually improving the breed. I did a lot of research before finding our breeder and couldn't be more pleased with the outcome.

Trowby

PS there are sometimes rescue dogs posted here too
Trowby mentioned on here that there often rescue dogs listed. This is true. There are many doodles who need homes that are in shelters or being fostered. You might look in our group called " rescued doodles" -- check out the discussions titled " doodles in need" and you'll see many listed perhaps some near you. I wanted to emphasize the option of a rescue doodle because if price is an issue, getting a rescue doodle is a great option. Good breeders don't sell puppies cheaply--it's just the way is.
We paid $1900 this included a discount of $100 for payment upfront shortly after our puppy was born. Murphy is a F1 standard English Goldendoodle. It seemed like a lot to pay but I got exactly what I was looking for.
Ours was a rehome - we paid her first family $500, that was their asking price... she was 7 months old, not registered with Humane Society, not spayed, had some vaccination done, but my vet didn't trust it, as the paperwork was not from a vet, it was just a note on the breeder's brochure, so she got revaccinated, also came with an ear infection... around $1500 altogether. We wanted a rehome or rescue dog, and we are happy we found one - plus, she was soooo easy to fall in love with! I really believe it was meant to be for our family!

I just listed the above costs as something to be aware of: rehomes and rescues are not necessarily cheaper. They also might come with some other behavioral or health issues that will require a lot of extra care and time, not just money. Just do your research, so you know what MIGHT be lying ahead. That way there's less of a chance to run into those 'can't handle this any more' situations. The last thing a dog who's been through a lot already needs is to have to go to yet another family.

How did I switch to this subject when the starting poster just wanted to know how much money for a Doodle?!? Yes, it's just like me - sorry guys!

Maya
You bring up a very good point. The cost of a dog/puppy does not stop at his/her's initial purchase/adoption price. That's only the beginning!!!!! LOL You have to factor in, depending upon the age in which your puppy joins your family the series of vaccines required. That's a visit to the vet every 3 weeks for at least the first 12 weeks and then spay and/or neutering at an agreed upon age. I'll let you know how much our doodle costs when we are done! LOL It's a lifetime commitment with a limitless price tag. Once you purchase/adopt a dog (regardless of price) that's only the beginning.
Ours were both 1500.00 (Fib parti coat) The second one was older (5 mos and nuetered when we got him.)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service