DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

If you are in one of the card exchange groups and you are sending cards out of the country = the Netherlands or Canada...

I just talked to the Postmaster at our post office. I didn't know this so I was afraid some of you didn't either. When you mail a card out of the country it is required that you write the name of the country at the bottom of the address in all CAPS. If it isn't in caps the letter will be returned.

Views: 85

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the info. Xmas Group B, I have made sure our countrys are in CAPS.
Ok, this may be a stupid question... but does it take more postage?!?!
Yes, I sent a card to the Netherlands that was 98 cents and one to Canada that was 75 cents so yes there is more postage if the card is going somewhere other than the US.
Oh no I sent some out today guess what I didn't put the country all in caps=(( Now what?? I'm in group B
The post man even looked at it and read it. He didn't even say anything to me=( It needed extra postage..
I'm sure that if the postman looked at it and didn't say anything then it will be fine! Just remember for next time. It's funny though because i don't know if I would've put the country in all caps or not. Thanks for the update!! :-)
I sent my cards out today, too. I guess we'll have to see what happens. I'll have to remember that for next year.
Yeah, also you should put "Air Mail" somewhere near the bottom of the envelope as well.
Thanks for the info! I am going to be sending mine out as soon as I get them from SeeHere.com. If anyone hasn't done theirs yet you can get them FREE from seehere.com - there was one coupon code floating around and it didn't work but I did find another one. Its NEWBABY and you get 50 free cards for only the $3.20 shipping :-)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service