DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

The dog bite is slowly getting better - doesn't look nice but at least it isn't hurting with every step I take.  The last two nights I've let dh take the boys to the dog park as I am enjoying having him home and am spending the early evening making nice dinners.  We are making sure to get the boys there exactly at the start of "big dog" time which is 4:30 knowing that the puggles (who should go to small dog time but don't) won't arrive until about 5:20 - this gives us time to wear the doods out. 

So I go back to the dog park tonight and while I'm visiting with Bob in comes Brae a Weimariner (spell?) and owner.  Brae is giant and a little aggressive plus he has a very disgusting habit of marking (peeing) on the chairs and benches - doesn't matter if you a sitting in one.  Other people have been peed on but not me - until tonight!  I usually keep a keen eye out but tonight my defenses were down.  Warm dog pee all over both my legs and shorts - DISGUSTING!  The owner doesn't do anything.  We have a dog drinking fountain with a hose attached so I hosed off but still.  So tomorrow I am going on a search to find the biggest, baddest, water bottle sprayer that I can find.  Next time I go to the dog park - I am going to be READY!!!!!  Does this make me evil?  Have I gone over the edge?  What would you do?

Views: 429

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hi Jane, we are very fortunate that our dog park is huge (covers about a 3 mile radius) and we seldom have issues, HOWEVER, we have had a couple of very scary moments with one particular attack dog. I finally confronted the owner, face-to-face and told him he must keep his dog on a leash or I would file a complaint with the city and press charges if necessary. He now leaves every time he sees me or my car.

Also, a friend gave me a great tip ...he always carries a cane or a long walking stick. He uses it to separate dogs (if agressive) or to put between him and a dog. It really works and I thought it was a great idea! Maybe you need to carry a big stick!

Oh no!  what a terrible situation!  I have to say, I hope this doesn't turn you off from Weimaraners in general.  Sophie's sister is a Weimaraner and she is a sweet and wonderful girl.  not an aggressive bone in her body.  But owners like that one- good grief!  I do realize that sometimes dogs aren't on their best behavior, but its the owners responsibility to make up for that!  

OMG Jane, I'm so sorry for your bad experiences.  My fav response was "have dh pee on the dog owner LOL..."   All I can say is the fault lies with the lousy owner who hasn't taken the time to train his/her pet.   I visit an off leash park daily with Teddi and Charlie, it's the high light of their day and they cry with excitement each time we go.  I stay clear of crowds that are, as Adina described, socializing, texting, and most obviously.. not watching their dogs, as I know this is where any problems begin.  We have a large, beautiful park, with ravine walking and open play fields.  We have a blast playing fetch and walking the trails.  I am always on the watch for unruly and untrained dogs and I stay clear of them and their owners.  You haven't had a good month at the dog park you go to, find another one! 

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service