DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hi..I'm really frustrated and unsure of what to do. I've been asking to get a 2nd dog..a goldendoodle to be specific...for months. My husband decided to surprise me with one for xmas. However I have noticed a lot of shedding. When i went to breeder website it says a golden retriever was bred with a goldendoodle. So that makes this dog 75% retriever. Is this still considered a doodle? My husvand paid a lot of money and I feel he was cheated. This would not normally be sych a big deal except for the fact thst I have allergies, hence wanting a 2nd dog with no shed but withl the other wonderful qualities. I'm already in love with her but having a hard time letting go thst my husband paid for a "doodle" and that's not what he got. Do we have any recourse with the breeder? Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Views: 1075

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In my family, it was considered extremely poor manners and poor taste to ask anyone what something cost, and equally gauche to mention what you paid for anything. To this day, if someone I don't know extremely well asks me what I paid for anything other than grocery store items (I do boast about having found chicken breast on sale, lol) I give a vague answer or change the subject. 

I consider that less offensive than my great aunt's usual reply, which was "Why would you ask such a personal question?".

My family too. My mother would have put me in my place.

Me too, the height of ignorance to ask the price of something you paid for. I do what Karen does and just change the subject as politely as possible or you could try 'none of your business' LOL

Couldn't agree more! And I wish I had a nickel for everytime someone asked! My retort is usually something like " more than I wanted to pay" or " more than my first born child". That usually stops them...but not always. :(. I did give your Aunt's answer just once, to a guy who was extremely rude. I figured, what the hell! He deserved it. I followed it up with," if you have to ask.... ". Like I said , extremely rude and obnoxious! Even his wife/ girlfriend said so!
I think people who brag about the cost of their possessions equally gauche.
No doubt!

One of my nursing school teachers fell in love with Ragley as a puppy and decided to take the plunge of getting a doodle puppy. I talked to her about important things to consider, but she was REALLY hung up on price. She ended up getting one from a litter she found on eBay (EBAY!). She was happy to share that the price was sooo much lower and they got him for ever cheaper because he had something wrong with his tail (she was very happy to share about how they did not pay the HUGE price for a doodle). I just had to politely smile and say I was happy they had found a puppy for their family. Well, turns out she doesn't even think he is a real doodle because apparently "his coat is wrong and his legs are short and stumpy". He is also an aggressive chewer and nipper. It took a lot of restraint for me not to say a big fat I-told-you-so and you-get-what-you-pay-for. 

To get less shedding, they needed to breed the goldendoodle back to a poodle, not a golden retriever.  Yes, your puppy is 75% golden retriever (F1b) but you wanted a 75% poodle(also F1b).  That is a F1b doodle, but probably a shedding puppy.  I would contact the breeder right away and tell her your husband's mistake.  She may be able to easily rehome the puppy and should give you a refund and maybe the guidance of where to get the pup you need and want (and paid for).  My goldendoodle (F1b poodle) has the most remarkable coat and never sheds.

I will second what Karen said. Since the website gave you the correct info about the parents, your hubby wasn't duped, he just didn't know enough about doodles to know what questions to ask.
Keep us posted. I' d be interested in what " the breeder" says and what they will do for you, if anything.
But, I agree, if you can live with her shedding, and you already love her..... Keep her and call her your own! Would love to see a pic!

I would love to see pictures as well! I'll bet she's adorable!

Looking at the website, both parents are goldendoodles  The female is a F1 goldendoodle (golden retriever x standard poodle) and the male is a F1b goldendoodle (F1 goldendoodle x standard poodle)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service