DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

We are currently looking at pups, what is the downfall to a medium labradood?

Can anyone with a medium please provide a picture of them fully grown ?

Views: 1136

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

for me, the bigger the better! but its all down to preference. 

I personally don't see any "downfalls".  I have a mini and a standard who I love like crazy, but I can't think of a single reason why a medium Doodle wouldn't be just as awesome.

Look on the Linda, Webber and Seda page.  Seda is a medium ALD.  She is #40 and 2+ years old.  There is a standing picture of her in my photos that was taken this Winter.  I don't find any downside.  She still gets up in my lap to give me kisses, which is hard for my small standard to do.  Seda is the chocolate one.  There is also a picture of her Dad and Granddad.

Yes, it's all a personal preference. How big is your house/backyard, car... I like big dogs. But they do take up more space on your bed. :-)

Isn't that the truth!!

Mediums are wonderful. I really wanted Calla, who is a small standard to be a bit smaller. I hate the thought that I can't lift one of my doodles. Luca is plenty of dog  to pet and love.

Caala, R and  Luca, L :

I was on a waiting list for a standard and then fell in love with Murphy who is a mini.  Next go round I stayed on a waiting list for an entire year to get my BIG red dog......I had pick of the litter and turns out the one I fell in love with was the smallest in the litter and he is a medium.  I don't think it matters what size, or color they are.  I think you have to get the one that speaks to your heart :)  With that said......My number three does have to be a girl, the boys need a girl in the pack...but I won't care what size or color or even what kind of doodle...maybe not a doodle at all.

Whoops, got that backwards, Luca is on the right : )

Oh yes, and when all 61 pounds of Calla steps on you, you do feel it!

Bodi is 25 pounds.  Everytime he lunges after a rabbit while we walk I'm glad that he is only 25 pounds!!  If he were bigger I would be in trouble!! (I know many doodles who have better training and don't pull - but hey, it's a rabbit!!)

I wanted a mini goldendoodle....hoping he wouldn't weigh more than 35lbs tops.   The breeder assured us that he would not grow more than that.    Banjo is now 52lbs of wonderful non-fat Doodle.  He falls more in the catagory of medium rather than mini.   Although he's much bigger than I'd hoped for I wouldn't trade him for anything....he's perfect.     I'm not sure what your specific concerns are.   You should be aware that you're never guaranteed a final "product".

Good point about the final product.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service