DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Seamus was diagnosed with a secondary skin infection. He has been licking his upper legs and now the skin is red and irritated. (And matted coat!) Our vet put him on antibiotics and topical spray and recommended prednisone if it didn't help. 4 days of antibiotics and he is still licking his leg. Should I start the prednisone? Anyone else have a similar problem before?
Thanks in advance for any advice. xx

Views: 304

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ok thanks Karen! Poor thing- and we are going to Cape Cod with Seamus this weekend. Hope he can still have a good time. Will start prednisone tomorrow morning.

He'll be feeling much better by this weekend. Prednisone is not to be taken lightly or casually, but it works like a miracle for this kind of thing. 

Thank you very much. hugs from Seamus.

Attachments:

Beautiful!!  I hope he feels better quickly!!

Thanks guys!!!

My computer won't open the attachment, but we're sending hugs back to Seamus and to you. JD and i know all too well how miserable ragweed allergies can be! Feel better soon, Seamus! 

Just an update on Seamus...I gave him his first Prednisone this morning at 7:30 with breakfast. I saw a difference in his drinking water and we went out for a relief walk shortly. The good news, he hasnt licked his leg all morning;-)  His leg is actually dry and he's finally chilling out. So thanks for the advice! xx

I'm glad the meds have started helping already. :)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service