DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Our 8 month old doodle, Kaleida, is loving his first winter experiences, but  heck, he LOVES everything!! Overall, his energy and enthusiasm for life have  been a positive influence on our Irish Terrier, Bozouki, who will be 13 years  old in January. My question is about Bozouki. We feed her Canidae for  Senior/Overweight dogs and give her a glucosamine/chondroitin supplement daily.  Her hips are quite stiff and have lost quite a bit of strength, although she can  still navigate the steps in our two story home to sleep with us in our 2nd floor  bedroom at night. She has a sensitive area on her back knee that has become  black because she licks it so much, but the vet told us she was not concerned  about the spot. The cold weather seems to make Bozouki a bit more stiff, although she  goes outside for only short potty breaks and then wears her coat and boots. I  know she's old, but I was just wondering if anyone has any recommendations on  how to minimize the "aches and pains" in her old joints this winter  season.....which has started early this year and may be a long one! Thanks in  advance, Loriann (from Kansas City).

Views: 336

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you. It's hard to accept our time left together is finite....still kind of in denial........but she seemed so happy tonight. I didn't even have to coax her onto the new bed, she just snuggled right in immediately. At least that was a "warm fuzzy feeling."

She looks VERY happy.  I think we're all in denial about these things, so you're not alone.  Just enjoy every moment - no sense worrying about the inevitable before you need to.  You are still making her happy and vice versa - isn't that all that matters?

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service