DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

My boyfriend and I are looking for a labradoodle to add to our home. I have been raised with a golden retriever and labrador retrievers and love them. I have searched for something that fits both my boyfriend's and my needs and I have found that the labradoodle will be great for us. My boyfriend has a cat who is afraid of big dogs who lunge at or chase her. This led us to our decision to get a puppy instead of a matured dog so that the cat can get used to him as he grows. We also plan on getting one that is medium-sized. We were discussing the best way to introduce the two when we get them and how we should go about acclimating them. I would always prefer to rescue but my boyfriend insists that we get a puppy so that the cat can get used to him as he grows. I would like any suggestions from those who have experienced this

Views: 743

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Litterbox!  How could we cat owner's forget our doodles favorite treats?  YUM

For this, we cut a hole in the door.  The cats can enter but the dog no longer can.  This one is a must.

excellent idea!

I got my puppy, a 13 week old labradoodle! We introduced her last night by putting her in her kennel and letting the cat in the room. The cat on one side of the room frozen while the puppy lay in her kennel chewing on a toy, not even noticing the cat which is awesome. We went outside later with both of them. The cat flared up her back and Crush (our puppy's name) approached her. The cat hissed and Crush walked away. They were both able to sleep in the same room last night but the cat wasn't very calm. Still, much better than I expected! 

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service