DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

We have a standard flat nylon leash (3/4" wide) and it's plenty strong enough but if Riley pulls (and man can she PULL!) it really hurts our hands.  Most of the time she walks nicely but when she does pull strongly it leaves me with a rope burn/bruise.

What kind of leashes have a better grip?  Leather? Cotton/climbing rope?

I was thinking maybe leather since horse reins are usually pretty easy to grip.  

I also keep forgetting to bring distraction treats which isn't helping the situation.  I am trying to teach her to stop pulling towards stuff like other dogs and people walking across the street.  

Views: 496

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Really excellent !!! I have a shorter variant - if you want a dog to walk next to you. The grip handle has a very soft rubber.

http://www.camon.it/en/collars-and-leashes-1/leashes/dynamic-anti-s...

Update

Leather leash is awesome but it was really like holding back a horse lol.

We got a halti and just recently got her used to it....it's like walking a 5 pound kitten! Instant night and day difference.  She doesn't particularly like it but she tolerates it and isn't going to dislocate my shoulder anytime soon.

Always a bonus when they don't pull your arm off! It's so much more pleasant to walk them when you're not fighting them the whole time.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service