DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hello,

I am new to this group. I am getting my goldendoodle next Saturday from lil doods in Mattawa, WA. I am wondering if any of you have gotten your goldendoodle from that breeder or know anyone else who has? Any info would be great, thank you!

Christina

Views: 4542

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i just looked at the site--and yes, there are 6 litters if you count the standards--the number of adults is not relevant if they are all in guardian homes but you will only know that once you get there.

The home page is pretty funny--they do promise you everything, don't they? Very misleading--the thing I have the biggest concern about is the statement that a mini GD will be a small dog that will have the temperament of the larger and calmer GD, not the mini-poodle--hogwash! There is no guarantee of temperament and many minis are quite active and hyper as are many standards! This hard sell is a red flag to me--they are making promises that can not be kept.

Amen.

Christina, I just sent you a private message about a breeder in your area with mini doodles available. You will first need to accept my friend request and then you will be able to see the message.

Ok, just accepted request. Thank you so much!

I just tried again. Hopefully, my message will go through this time!

I too live in WA in the Tacoma area and was looking at the lil' doods breeder. We are interested in getting a mini golden-doodle next summer sometime. I wanted to do my homework first.
Can I have the information for the other breeders in my area as well? I couldn't find any others ones. :/
You are right there are not that many in WA. I was looking at Annie's doodles in Seattle

I will look at that one then too. :)

UPDATE: I went to check out the breeder this past Saturday, she had a plot of land with few kennels on the property. I got to see all of her dogs and played with the puppies in the yard. The breeder is definitely not a professional, she didn't have great answers to a lot of my questions. In her defense, I am a person who does a lot of research and I tend to bother with plenty of questions. I do know that she was a caring person. A couple was there from Alaska who had purchased a goldendoodle from this breeder a yr and a half ago. They were there to pick up a new pup to add to there home since they were so happy with the sweet doodle they have. With that being said, i did decide to take a puppy home. We named her Porscha and she was a the right fit from the day we met. She is energetic, fearless, playful, and going poop outside only so far and finds the pee pad on her own.

We are having a great time! She is really making out home her home. She has her own "house" and "yard", a crate and a fence around the crate so she has her own little space in the house. When she is out of the crate she has her own "couch", a fluffy bed with a paw print that sits right near our couch.

I adore my little Porscha. That's all the good but here is the only bad, I took her to the vet and her stool sample came out with Coccidia and Tritrichomonas. The vet said both can be normal in a puppy. She is on a 7 day medication and then we go back in with another sample to confirm that we are in the clear.

I did inform the breeder. I am optimistic about her getting better. I do have her transitioning to a more nutritious dog food called holistic select. That's the update! Thank you all for your posts and considerations.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service