DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

anyone see this story out of hampton roads, va? i really want to cut briggs' hair like this! http://hamptonroads.com/2013/01/dog-shaved-look-lion-generates-911-...

Views: 612

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Okay, I gotta tell you!  I hate the whole thing!  I have no idea why anyone would want to do this to their dog!  I looked on your page and Briggs is absolutely beautiful as is!  Why anyone would want to change the look of their dog is beyond me!  Just my opinion......

I think these poor dogs look ridiculous. It is so demeaning to do this, just as it is to do the poodle topiary that we see. I don't understand why anyone would want to do this to their dog.
We've seen these from time to time. Not my cup of tea either.

Whatever blows your skirt up! lol...

briggs is only 6 months so it won't be for a while. i just want to do it once, i think it's funny :) kind of like how my son loves to hair spray his hair crazy colors. its not like it hurts him. although the dog in the story gets his fur dyed, which i wouldn't do!
oh also, i actually thought about doing it for halloween and doing the wizard of oz with my family and he could be the cowardly lion!

I am planning to get Teddy a lion cut next year for Halloween so he can be Mufasa and our baby is going to be Simba. If his hair is not long enough we might just shave him and get a lion mane though. We do shave him frequently in the summer and fall and it grows back quickly. 

that sounds so cute! i hope you post pics!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/221025158841?lpid=82

I almost thought about buying this... Since my dogs are not Lion color....

I don't see what the big deal is.  You're cutting some hair and not other hair...it's a hair cut/style and I hardly think a dog knows the difference between being shaved to resemble a lion or being trimmed down for the summer.   There's no real body image issues in dogdom and it sounds like you're just doing it as a temporary thing.  I wouldn't want my dog to be trimmed like a lion all the time, but when I was in the middle of shaving down Rosco, I left a 'mane' on him for a few days for fun and then finished him up later.  Nobody was hurt, nobody was demeaned (he has no idea what he looks like or how he 'should' look).

exactly!

Agreed.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service