DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I have a feeling I might get teased for bringing this up, but I'm too curious to resist.  I found this site looking for factual information and have found so much more - including an opportunity to contribute in a way that might help others. Now I'm pretty much hooked.

It dawned on me a few days ago that the vast majority of people on here are women.  I did see a discussion group for men, but it didn't seem very popular or active.

Don't get me wrong - I'm definitely not one to complain about being surrounded by too many women.  I am curious as to why people think this might be the case, though.

Are doodles more popular with women?  I never noticed that to be true, although now that I think about it, my ex was the one who discovered the breed. 

Or maybe it's because many doodles are owned by couples, and the woman is the one primarily responsible for its care?

Or maybe it's just more in the nature of women to communicate about these things - in other words, the same reason women like to ask for directions when they are lost and men like to figure it out on their own?

I really don't know. I'm interested in hearing what other people think.

Views: 1016

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As one of the few active males on this website perhaps I can answer.  At one point there were more active men on this site, I don't know why they are no longer active.  Perhaps when the heated discussions came about they thought that things were personal.  Also women tend to be the prmiary care givers to both our children and our furry children.  Also many women have more free time than men. 

Please these are just my observations and not intended to be positive or negative.

Not to cause a debate, but what do you mean "also many woman have more free time than men"?!?!

Good catch there Amy. I think that point is quite debatable. :>)

Debatable, but note that several women did respond essentially saying just that.

maybe it is a generational thing, because of all my friends, only 1 is a stay at home mom and most of my other friends find it a bit odd that she didn't go back to work. 

I think it is def. a generational thing.  Also an economic thing for a lot of couples.

In 1998 we moved to Orlando FL and bought a home in a newly developing neighborhood.  We were the 5th house to be occupied.  We got to know all the people as they moved in.  It became interesting that the majority of the families were young families and the majority of the Mom's were Stay at Home Moms.  The Orlando Sentinel even did an article on what seemed to be a new trend.  They referred to it as a "leave it to Beaver neighborhood".  

Maybe more of women's "discretionary time is spent on something's like this rather than watching grown men run full out at each other : ) and some doctors are women and some nurses are men.

absolutely F - and that is a great thing.  I just meant that in those professions you know what the stereotype is.

Believe me I do!

:)

Jay just curious, but how old are you?  I am wondering because I'm 31 and I don't really see my peers using those gender stereotypes.  I just assumed that those stereotypes had kind of expired  :)  lol

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service