DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I'm searching for a Mini Berendoodle can anyone point me in the right direction?  Thank you!

Views: 16825

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Lynda, When I rescued Maggie, she was presented to me as an undernourished medium Goldendoodle.  She and Kona were INSTANT best friends.  But as her hair started coming back in very different from other doodles and her behavior was soooo different than Kona's (she is extremely athletic, fast, guards doors and windows, and herds Kona from day 1, I had her DNA tested....twice.  She is a wonderful mix of American Eskimo (thus the long white hair and small size) and Briard Sheepdog, Tervuren Sheepdog, Glen of Imaal Terrier (thus the no shedding and wavy hair), and Rottweiler (also a herding dog).  I LOVE her blend!  They tested her twice because they were puzzled that she wasn't a doodle of some sort, but there is no poodle in her.  Her main looks and actions are the Sheepdog, though, and I love that about her.  I think a sheepadoodle would be a great blend, but I know nothing about them.  I just know that I love my little sheepdog mutt that passes for a doodle all the time.  

Oh my God, I have not yet recovered emotionally from two puppy mill puppies I had a few weeks ago. I don't think, this time, I ever will!!!
Many of us here have done this and not only are we passionate but we often can not sleep at night.
Megan, we know better. Give it up. I for one, have had enough of you. You can fool some, but you can't here

I'm sorry for anyone who does not read this first, but if and when they do, I know we won the battle to educate.

Amen, sister.

no need to apologize.......I am tired of not being able to expose some of these so called legitimate but actually puppy mill breeders especially one that's been going on a long time near where I live.  I'm heartbroken and tired of seeing the sick and abused, under-socialized, malnourished  (I could go on and on) doodles that come out of her place.......

I apologize if i gave the wrong impression i am not a kennel just a doggie owner who got there dog from Plantation Delight. I agree Puppy mills should not exists i just dont think someone can say negative comments on a facility unless they have actually visited it. It just upsets me when i know several people who got great dogs from this place and it was a nice family who i bought my babies from. I am sorry for those who have lost a dogs due to breeders who dont take care of their animals. And yes there are plenty. i just think we should only say negative comments on kennels or breeders we actually know about first hand and not spread un true gossip.

Megan please do not continue to insult our intelligence. The proof is right there that you worked for this place, and newspaper stories and Dept. of Agriculture reports are factual and are in the public domain for all to see. That's not "untrue gossip". 

Again, YOU started this exploration of this breeder. Why should we accept your word but not the word of these other people who have written about their experiences with dogs from this kennel? 

Being "nice" has nothing to do with responsible breeding. Nobody said the people are not nice, but they are irresponsible breeders. Nobody should be breeding any dog that has not undergone rigorous genetic testing. Period. And when you are talking about a breed that is more susceptible to genetic diseases than most, and has one of the shortest life expectancies of any breed out there, to breed untested dogs is inexcusable and unforgivable. Period.

Most of the many, many devastating genetic diseases that affect Bernese Mtn. Dogs do not show up until the dog is past 5 years old. Let's see how all those "great" dogs do when they are 6, 7, 8 years old. I hope they do well, but as the owner of a puppy mill with serious genetic diseases, I for one would not take that chance. 

Here is the data on the 13 different genetic diseases to which Berners are susceptible. Read about them. 

http://ic.upei.ca/cidd/breed/bernese-mountain-dog

Here's just ONE:

Histiocytosis

In both systemic and malignant histiocytosis, signs of illness include loss of appetite, weight loss, and lethargy. In systemic histiocytosis, there are skin lesions (crusting, firm nodules, ulcers) but these are uncommon in malignant histiocytosis. Both affect middle-aged to older dogs, while cutaneous histiocytosis occurs in younger dogs. There may be periods of remission with systemic histiocytosis, but ultimately the histiocytes infiltrate other organ systems especially the lungs, liver, spleen, bone marrow, and lymph nodes. Malignant histiocytosis is a rapidly progressive and invasive disorder, which commonly metastasizes to the lungs.

The disorder has a polygenic mode of inheritance in the Bernese mountain dog.

CLINICAL: most common in Bernese mountain dogs; see anorexia, weight loss, lethargy, lymphadenopathy, lameness if joint or bony involvement, plus signs associated with metastasis (commonly respiratory, also gastrointestinal or nervous); with systemic histiocytosis, you will also see multiple cutaneous plaques, ulcers, nodules and papules, which can be anywhere but are seen primarily on face and limbs.

Because this invariably fatal disorder generally does not develop until the dog is middle-aged or older, it can be hard to identify parents that carry the trait. It is very important that the veterinarian and/or owner inform the breeder when this disorder has been diagnosed, so that he or she can modify the breeding programme accordingly, to limit the spread of the harmful gene(s) in the Bernese mountain dog population.

Good point Karen, I know many nice stupid people. :>)

WOW - I pop in today for a brief visit and find this - wish I'd of had a bowl of popcorn to munch on while reading!  Joanne, Karen and all of you others - THANK YOU FOR HAVING THE GUTS TO SAY THE TRUTH.  Only education will put these scum bags out of business and outing them here on DK - for the many thousands of members to see - I applaud you all!

Megan, you chose the wrong place to peddle your poor unfortunate puppies. Many people here live or have lived with the results of kennels such as yours. They spend their time educating and helping others to either prevent them buying from you and other similar operations, or dealing with the often heart wrenching consequences.

Bravo Nicky

I ready to bust out the popcorn too! Well said, Karen. As usual! Wonder if Megan would like to continue recommending this breeder.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service