DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

After seeing peoples' posts about their doodles being mistaken for otterhounds, I thought it might be fun to hear what other breeds your doods have been mistaken for...

Noah is a f1b goldendoodle but gets mistaken for a standard poodle puppy, wheaten terrier and cockapoo - I can understand the poodle, but not the other two lol

Views: 278

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My two get mistaken for Portuguese Water Dogs! Most often, though, people approach me and ask me what breed they are. Just this morning a gentleman asked me from the front porch of his beach cottage. I told him labradoodles and explained what they were. As I walked away I heard him practicing saying "labradoodles." Joe sometimes gets mistaken for an Irish Water Spaniel, and he does have that in his Australian labradoodle bloodline.

Most often a poodle or teddy bear. I can't even begin to tell you how many people say he looks like a bear or fake teddy bear! LOL

~Danielle
Most people think Nimbus is a Portugese water dog. Although more and more people are recognizing both of our dogs as doodles. The Parti colors throw people though.

I've said this before-they are both stunning looking dogs.

We get Irish Wolfhound the most, but have also had Portuguese Water Dog, Italian Spinone, and Long Haired Pointer!! When I tell them he is a labradoodle, they nearly always reply with "That's a Labradoodle??". I guess, they are used to the curlier hair, and he has a straighter coat.
I havent had any of that yet ( just a lot of "what kind of puppy is that"). But I saw in town here, a lady walking with a doodle and a golden retriever, so I asked her "is that a labradoodle or a goldendoodle" She said "goldendoodle - they both are" I was blown away because the one dog looked 100% golden retriever.

As we were training Cali with the invisible fence last weekend, a lady walked up and asked if Cali was a PWD. I said no she was a goldendoodle. She said they just moved in and swore Cali was a PWD. I don't think she looks at all like a PWD.... most everyone else just asks me what kind of dog she is as we get stopped a lot by curious people. We get lots of compliments about how beautiful she is.
Ok, so I had Cali out in the yard this morning and a lady walking her dog stopped in front of my house. She asked me and these are her words, "hey is that one of "them" dogs" I replied she is a goldendoodle as I wasn't sure what she was refering to. She said "it looks like one of those Obama dogs." Oh for goodness sakes, I then understood what she was asking me. So I explained the difference between Obama's dog and Cali. I really think Cali pretty much resembles a doodle with a very much golden retriever face but she doesn't look like Obama's dog.
And so it begins-this Obama dog thing! He has only had his PWD for 2 days and everyone will be thinking our doodles are a PWD-not that that is a bad thing-after all they do look alike. Most non dog people have never heard of a PWD-so when they see the pictures of Obama's dog and they see something similar on the street, they just might think it is that breed. I predict that we will all be explaining the difference to a lot of people for awhile.
Both of mine are F1 labradoodles.

Rosco has been mistaken for: poodle, Irish wolfhound, otter hound, airedale, goldendoodle and horse ;-)

Thule has been mistaken for terrier, and small Irish wolfhound. When I have Thule and Rosco together people tend not to believe that she too is a labradoodle.
Terrier & Irish Wolfhound Puppy
Gus gets Irish wolfhound all the time, mostly because he is 28" to the shoulder!

Photobucket

Photobucket

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service