DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hi,

I am the very proud owner of Bodhi a one year old goldendoodle.  He is the best puppy that a family can ask for.  He has his own crazy personality but he can also be calm and loving when he sets his mind to it.  He has been very easy to train and a true joy to our family.

Last Tuesday, he was diagnosed with Masticatory Myosis.  A rare immune disease that the antibodies attack the 2M muscle fibres in the jaw and temples.  It seems like it came on suddenly and he had incredible soreness opening his mouth.  He quit eating and off to the vet we went.  He was diagnosed through blood tests.

He has been on prednisone since Tuesday and the muscle tone in his temples has come back and he is now eating but still does not have full range in opening his mouth.  However, the prednisone is making him very lethargic and I just wish my wonderful Mr.Personality would come back to us.

My question is, has any one who has a doodle ever experienced this or now anything about this illness?

Views: 320

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have no experience with this, but want to say how sorry I am that your fella has this condition.  We have some others here who have wonderful backgrounds and are always quick to share their knowledge.  Good luck and know that you are in a tremendous family of people who will support you in every way imaginable!
I too am very sorry to hear this. Although I know a lot about human disease I have never heard of this. At least it seems there is an effective treatment.

Hi Cori,

I responded to your post on goldendoodletime, but I am so glad you followed the bread crumbs to this site.  This community is super active and I am positive that there will be others on here that can help you with Bodhi's diagnosis.  Good luck with the treatment.

I'm sorry your guy is sick - I hope he gets better soon. I have never heard of this. Suggest a web search to meet others who have dogs with this illness.

I have never heard of this either. I am so super sorry for your sweet baby being sick. I do know how that feels. I just went though a very scary time (still not totally resolved with my guy)

I hope he feels better soon..

I don't have any info. just wanted you to know I will be thinking of you. So sorry to hear this. Good Luck!
I am so very sorry your puppy is sick. What a sad thing to deal with. Hoping for continued improvement for Bodhi.
I'm so sorry to hear about Brodhi.  The great news is that the Prednisone is starting to have a positive impact and he's now able to eat....that's the most important thing.  My guys have been on steroids a few times, and it also made them somewhat lethargic.  Getting the symptoms under control right now is the most important thing.  I'm guessing that the Vet will gradually reduce the dose....did they say anything about that?  You'll get your "Mr. Personality" back, don't worry.
Cori, I too am very sorry that your pupBodhi has been diagnosed with an illness.  I hope the treatment is successful.  Best of luck and keep everyone posted.  We will be thinking of you.

I'm sorry to hear this, and hope that Bodhi does well with his treatment. Here is some information on MMM:

http://www.michvet.com/library/neurology_masticatory_myositis.asp

Hi Cori...

I'm So sad and sorry that your precious Bodhi was diagnosed with this and is going through such a difficult time.

I'm not familar with this either...so I'm sorry that I can't be a help to you with information...but I will keep both you and Bodhi in my thoughts and prayers...and hope that he responds well to the treatment.

Sending Great Big Hugs From Sasha and Me...

I don't know anything about this illness, but I am sorry you are going through all this and I wish you good luck with his treatment.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service