DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

We were having a little family get-together today and had about 10 people over for a cook out. Our daughter and her 2 boys and their Boxer had come up to stay with us a couple of days to get away from Hurricane Earl since her husband was out of town and she didn't want to stay there alone. While I was in the kitchen cooking, I heard someone say What is wrong with Morgan? I turned around and she was laying on the floor. DH said she had been sitting beside him and started to get up to go into the den but her hind legs weren't working. She kind of stumbled in there, then fell down. She just lay there with her eyes open and was not responsive. She was breathing and seemed to have a regular heart beat, but it was almost like she was in a coma. Then she threw up while laying there ( I didn't even know they could throw up while laying down) After a few minutes, (and what seemed like an hour), she got up but was still a little unsteady on her feet. I tried to get her to jump on the sofa, but she had a problem getting up there. We sat there with her while getting the vet on the phone and she was drooling really badly and seemed so disoriented. When we got her up to take her to the vet, she was walking better, but still panting and drooling all over the place. By the time we got her into the office, she seemed fine!! Way to go Morgan, make a liar out of us! They did blood work and checked her over and the Dr. said her blood work was normal and she did not see anything wrong neurologically. By the time we left the vet's office, she acted as if there was nothing wrong.

I was freaking out when we could not get any response out of her. Poor Maddie was having a fit seeing her sister there like that, and Maggie, our "grand-dog" who is usually so hyper and always wanting to play,came up, sniffed her, then backed away from her slowly and left the room.  So Strange!

Has anyone else ever had this happen? Any ideas what could have caused this?

Views: 105

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Shelly, Morgan and Maddie are wrestling with each other as I type this, and barking at some guys working on our neighbors' yard. So things are looking pretty much normal now....Thank Goodness!
GREAT! It's times like these that the craziness we complain about some times are blessings at others!
Thanks Jane & Laura. We are counting on this being a one time thing!
Thanks everyone for all the "well wishes" and advice. She seems better today, just tired. She did eat a little bit this morning, but not the whole bowl of food. Thinking back on all that the Dr. said yesterday, and "comparing notes" with DH, we remembered that she mentioned Addison's Disease. Probably something we should keep an eye on, but that the tests they ran did not indicate that she had it. She was probably pretty stressed out with all the people in the house including the grandkids running and playing, and Maggie wanting to play with her all the time. Since we "old folks" are pretty laid back, and don't usually have so much going on at one time, I'm sure this was pretty stressful for her. But I will definitely be on the lookout for any of the symptoms of Addison's, just in case.
Sorry to hear about Morgan. I don't have any advice but want to send best wishes that this is the first and LAST of this (whatever it is!!!) for her!!
So sorry to hear, I hope all is well. Take good care.
So happy to hear that Morgan is on the mend...very scarry....blessings
Sorry you guys had to go through that. I'm glad she's feeling better, and I hope this was a one-time thing.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service